The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The venus project

Mr.DirtyDangles

I encourage everyone and anyone to watch this . This man (Jacque Fresco) and his ideas about the way we work , live and interact with nature is generations ahead of his time. The problem is most are not willing to change from the inside out. We are all so spoiled using antiquated traditions and ideals that will never progress the human race as a whole in a clean and natural fashion. We must co-exist with nature. Use it in its pure intended fashion as opposed to mutating or morphing it on every level to our misguided needs.

Not saying his ideas are the end all be all of solution...but we need to start somewhere.

The venus project is the test model. Watch the documentary and you will see what he has accomplished so far. It is funding on a government level that will actually get these projects off the ground on a massive scale. We just need to stop making bombs and bullets to kill. How about new material and ideas to live.

1:16:27

"Eventually, all the decision making will be transferred to machines. First, I don't know that I like machines making all the decisions."

:picard:

Then he goes on to criticise automation and airplane instruments, all while proposing automated "air monitoring systems" flying all above people's head, and an economic system governed by a "cybernated system of supply and demand".

The real head scratcher is his underwater transportation system.. like all of those vehicles going back and forth won't affect marine life, then of course a complete elimination of the monetary system.

Yeah some things are nice in theory, but there are many things not thought through well enough (outside this green nut utopia of his), and his ideas about motivation being inherent without competition is laughable. This is definitely one of those things best left in fantasy and not in the real world.

"Eventually, all the decision making will be transferred to machines. First, I don't know that I like machines making all the decisions."

Then he goes on to criticise automation and airplane instruments, all while proposing automated "air monitoring systems" flying all above people's head, and an economic system governed by a "cybernated system of supply and demand".

The real head scratcher is his underwater transportation system.. like all of those vehicles going back and forth won't affect marine life, then of course a complete elimination of the monetary system.

Yeah some things are nice in theory, but there are many things not thought through well enough (outside this green nut utopia of his), and his ideas about motivation being inherent without competition is laughable. This is definitely one of those things best left in fantasy and not in the real world.

Archived