Canucks Community

Van To Tor edler involved

Spyderr

Is this crazy enough to help both teams

To Toronto

Edler, Schneider

To Vancouver

Kessel, Gardiner, 2nd

Just migh be crazy enough to work deal hinges on our ability to sign kessel before the deal

Sedin Sedin Burr

Kessel Kesler Kassian

Booth Schroeder Hansen

Raymond Lappy Higgins

Weise Volpatti

Hamhuis Bieksa

Garrison Gardiner

Ballard Tanev

We need I big third line center and we are stacked

It's not a bad proposal, but an overpayment by us. IMO, Edler is worth more than Kessel, and Schneider is worth more than Gardiner and a 2nd.

We would need a goalie, so they could add one of theirs. We also still need a centre. So they could add Bozak. In that case, we would be receiving more value, but they would be getting more quality. They still win the trade.

It's not a bad proposal, but an overpayment by us. IMO, Edler is worth more than Kessel, and Schneider is worth more than Gardiner and a 2nd.

We would need a goalie, so they could add one of theirs. We also still need a centre. So they could add Bozak. In that case, we would be receiving more value, but they would be getting more quality. They still win the trade.

• 1 month later...

I would take Edler over Kessel. And I bet the Leafs do that trade if they weren't already set on defense.

Kessel is a consistent goal scorer, and a dangerous offensive threat. But he's one-dimensional and appears to have little room for improvement.

Edler is already a 10+ goal, 40+ point defenseman as well as a physical force. The knock on him is inconsistency as well as periodic lapses in focus. The fact he is considered inconsistent despite having established himself as an elite point-producer is telling: he has tremendous upside, unlike Kessel. He has all the tools to be a perennial Norris candidate.

Archived