The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

He has gotten better against them but it still happened in 2011. Defense collapse, whatever the same thing happened and we pulled a first round win out of our asses.

It's not just his head, it's the whole teams head when he lets in a bad one In the playoffs. It's also in Chicago's head, they see him let a weak 40 foot unscreened five hole and his head fall down in shame, then they smell blood. 1 or 2 bad goals and its a complete collapse on all levels.

I would trade Schneider only if all Luongo options were exhausted and teams offered up absolutely nothing of value.

If Schneider was to be moved I would ask for the likes of :

Brett Connolly, 1st round pick (possibly top 5) from Tampa bay

Both Schenns or Coututier and a 1st round pick ( top 5-10) from Philly

Filip Forsberg and 1st round pick from Washington

Bjugstad, Howden/Petrovic, and a 2nd round pick from Florida (only because I don't see them giving ip their 1st this year)

Niño Neiderreiter, and Hamonic/1st, from Ny.

Main point: If Varlomov is worth an 11th overall pick, and a 2nd round pick, Schneider is definetly worth more, which in my opinion is a top 10 pick and an A prospect.

This Schneider evaluation is preposterous. First of all Varly was 2 years younger than Schneider at the time. And the trade was made well in advance so the pick weren't set in stone. Plus everyone knew it was way overpayment by Colorado. MG missed the ripe time to deal Cory. But he still has to IMO.

IMO we should just be gunning for a 1 for 1 trade. A Hedman. Maybe a Connolly. These packages you mention are delusional. During the summer I was paranoid he would get offer sheeted and we'd only get a 1st 2nd and 3rd. Now I think that's fair value given all the circumstances.

If you trade schneider now, which you shouldn't, you have to go all-in. You have to trade maybe Burr and or Kes for another upgrade and make your cup runs this and next season and bet the farm. The reason for this is the expiration date on Luongo and the Twins. Once those commodities are expired, the team drops off drastically.

Keeping CS is the most common sense move. He gives you more value. By this I mean that he costs less, has more mileage left on the motor and gives you at least the same quality goal-tending, if not better. Any return you would get for him would be negated by Luongo's expiration date, salary, and play-off fragility.

I understand people think Schneider would bring a better return, and are probably correct, but it is not worth it.

Schneider bridges the gap between today and tomorrow. He keeps this team viable for another 6/10 years.

This Schneider evaluation is preposterous. First of all Varly was 2 years younger than Schneider at the time. And the trade was made well in advance so the pick weren't set in stone. Plus everyone knew it was way overpayment by Colorado. MG missed the ripe time to deal Cory. But he still has to IMO.

IMO we should just be gunning for a 1 for 1 trade. A Hedman. Maybe a Connolly. These packages you mention are delusional. During the summer I was paranoid he would get offer sheeted and we'd only get a 1st 2nd and 3rd. Now I think that's fair value given all the circumstances.

If you trade schneider now, which you shouldn't, you have to go all-in. You have to trade maybe Burr and or Kes for another upgrade and make your cup runs this and next season and bet the farm. The reason for this is the expiration date on Luongo and the Twins. Once those commodities are expired, the team drops off drastically.

Keeping CS is the most common sense move. He gives you more value. By this I mean that he costs less, has more mileage left on the motor and gives you at least the same quality goal-tending, if not better. Any return you would get for him would be negated by Luongo's expiration date, salary, and play-off fragility.

I understand people think Schneider would bring a better return, and are probably correct, but it is not worth it.

Schneider bridges the gap between today and tomorrow. He keeps this team viable for another 6/10 years.

Trade lu and get NOTHING in return (ntc, long contract, doubters of his skill)

And u don't make it far into the playoffs.

Trade Cory ... get a top 3 forward or top 2 dman and possibly a pick or prospect

And contend... with hawks

Your move Gillis

Luongo shutout the hawks and DEFINITELY played better than Cory did vs the hawks in their two respective meetings this year... wtf r u saying luongo is gold vs the hawks...

He straight up out played Crawford the first three games of the series in 2011 and then the team decided to start sucking defensivley for games 4 and 5...

Do u remember what happened in game 7??

Luongo did not shutout the hawks this year and Cory was amazing against them in his start.

Luongo is not "gold" against the hawks ever in the playoffs. 2 and very nearly 3 series losses to them in a row, with many embarrassing performances in that mix.

Yeah, it was all the defence's fault that Luongo gave up 12 goals combined in games 4 and 5.

Game 7? Luongo gave up the shorty in the last minute or so of the game doing the Luongo-lunge bellyflop routine, made a very good save on Sharp, Burrows gets the winner. Call it a wash.

No matter which goalie is playing, we probably dont beat Chicago in a playoff series right now.

The difference as I see it, is if Cory plays, the games are close and we have a fighting chance. If Luongo plays, he might steal 1 or 2 games and we get blown out of the rest and lose anyway.

I'd take the fighting chance every time.

Luongo did not shutout the hawks this year and Cory was amazing against them in his start.

Luongo is not "gold" against the hawks ever in the playoffs. 2 and very nearly 3 series losses to them in a row, with many embarrassing performances in that mix.

Yeah, it was all the defence's fault that Luongo gave up 12 goals combined in games 4 and 5.

Game 7? Luongo gave up the shorty in the last minute or so of the game doing the Luongo-lunge bellyflop routine, made a very good save on Sharp, Burrows gets the winner. Call it a wash.

Good one. Try 5yrs @ $6.000.

What are the Canucks going to say? "We gave you the number one"?

Throwing past deeds unto a man only infuriates him. Pragmatic notions flatters his ego. That's how Schneider was signed: "we'll give you number one".

Archived