The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SimCity: Don't Waste Your Money

Do you HAVE to play it with other people? I mean, do you have to interact with others on there? My mom is a big sim city fan (also loves the sims), but I know she would have no interest in, and probably be disturbed by, the requirement to interact with strangers.

Can it be avoided?

I'm probably going to buy the game as I've seen a handful of playthroughs on Youtube. Gameplay looks awesome but there are so many bugs/glitches in the game right now. Typical EA, so I'm just going to wait it out for a couple of months until all the connection issues BS are all sorted out. And plus, the last thing I need is another distraction headed into final exam season.

This online-only crap is really getting overboard now. The failure of D3 and the possible failure of Sim City 2013 should be sending a signal to game developers now...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the game yesterday.. Loving it.. but having 2 issues.. well 1 fixed itself..(when switching between cities I could no longer speed the game up at all.. stayed on slowest but went away after a while)

2nd issue being that almost the same point into my 2nd city.. it boots me out and I can no longer get into it.. just constant loading. I restarted my region and it did this twice. Really bugging me..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived