The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lu to TB for 2 1st round picks

To TB:

Roberto Luongo

To Van

2013 1st TBL

2014 1st TBL

Tampa has all the pieces of the puzzle to become a dynasty except goal tending. We get to move Lu and secure our future as our prospect pool is SHALLOW.

TBL might not have enough cap room though so we might need them to pass us something back as salary dump, Garron maybe?

Edit: Also, TBL would make the play-offs this year

I think everyone learned from Burke and trading first round picks for short term fix.

At least Kessel was an up and coming star, no way TB does it, for a 32 years old.

I could see them trading their 2014 1st along with a poor 2nd liner or a 3rd liner. Not much more than that.

I think everyone learned from Burke and trading first round picks for short term fix.

At least Kessel was an up and coming star, no way TB does it, for a 32 years old.

I could see them trading their 2014 1st along with a poor 2nd liner or a 3rd liner. Not much more than that.

Tampa Bay are not going to trade two first round picks for a soon to be 34 year old goalie regardless of his ability.There are many cheaper options available. These include Ben Bishop, Ray Emery, Mikka Kiprusoff, etc.

I'm a big fan of Luongo but his acquisition would also not make them a "dynasty". It just makes much more sense to keep those two valuable picks and upgrade in goal with a cheaper alternative who may or may not have more long term value.

Yzerman isn't Burke.

Luongo and a 2nd in 2013, 2014

Jensen, Schroeder

LeCavalier, the 1st in 2013, 2014 and at least then Yzerman doesn't hang up the phone on you.

Long term benefit Canucks, but leaves us screwed as we trade a centre for a centre who is out for the year. But it would help out short term for Tampa.

But I don't think Gillis wants to throw away this season, to build for the future.

Yzerman is not in a rush to make the playoffs. When they made their run, he came out and slowed everyone down and said they are a few years away from being consistent playoff competitors and challenge for a cup. They are more interested in getting ready to be contenders in a few years. Letting Stamps develop into a leader, letting Connolly become an NHL threat and seeing what they have in Lindback and Nameistov

Archived