The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Filip Forsberg

Really?

I would have thought Lou for Forsberg is exactly the trade they would have needed... edit > the value we needed.

Indrpendent; honey badger???

Oh, I agree they'd likely want a little more, although Raymond might be the right piece to help for right now. I wonder if they wouldn't take one of Rodin, Grenier or maybe even LaBate along with Raymond for us to get back Forsberg though.

Forsberg is a higher end prospect in return for us giving up a roster player and a prospect, although that doesn't help our team going into the playoffs. Raymond is a more affordable offensive player (albeit a pending UFA) at $2M+ less cap hit than Erat so that could be a plus for them.

I actually proposed a deal on their boards, but the posters that replied didn't think it was a good trade for them:

Neuvirth, Forsberg and a 2nd

for

Luongo, Raymond and Anton Rodin

I weighted it a bit in their favour I thought, but they said no and they'd rather trust Holtby. Some were even thinking Erat would be better for them despite the cap worry.

I agree Erat is better, but the season's they're having this year aren't significantly different, certainly not enough to warrant an extra $2.25M in cap hit. Raymond might be due for a raise next year, but not as much as Erat currently makes still.

In any case, it's my opinion and we don't all have to agree. Certainly the discussion here is about why we didn't go after him and how it might have worked if we did.

Archived