The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC General Election May 14, 2013 - Advance Voting Wed May 8 to Sat May 11 - See Post #433

Wetcoaster

Libs know what they're doing, huh? Just like how they claim to have balanced the budget. If NDP wins, I fully expect them to find the books a financial mess and that the budget infact is NOT balanced as they have claimed. Get in the real world. Clark doesn't sound too bright when she speaks. I don't want Clark, someone who runs red lights on her son's dare, leading this Province, nor do I feel she is fit to be Premier.

Funny how only the rich and extremely well off are screaming the sky is falling. Good to see you squirm. I see the same three main posters posting the same lies over and over, just changing a word here and there. It's about time that you pompous self entitled jackasses were pulled off your pedestals. The way you post lies say's a lot about how you made your money. The only ones that will lose are the fat cats like you that have been stealing the fillings from the teeth from honest hard working British Colombians. Do everyone a favor and move to Alberta where you belong if the NDP boogie man is so terrible. Your screams of anguish are music to my ears, and the more lies you spew, the more people pull away from you as you are starting to sound rabid. Wet, I don't know why you are complaining so much, as your offshore accts. should tide you over quite handily till you croak. Which, judging by your ramblings, wont be long. Say hi to Alison Redford for me when you move.

Was Dix ever charged criminally? No.

According to you NDP is racist because of one candidate who made racist comments, whom was promptly dropped as a candidate and is now running as independent. Tories have had alot of problems with candidates making racist remarks. Of course you don't say anything about that.

BC Liberals 2002 Province wide Referendum on First Nation treaty negotiations. Racist much. And of course there's also the recent Ethnic Vote Scandal. Despite getting caught and giving a fake, meaningless, half ass apology, Liberals are still flaunting Ethnics in their Election Ad's. Talk about racist. Have a look at your Liberals before you start labeling NDP or anyone else as racists.

If you believe that only "rich" people support the Liberals, then you truly have a lot to learn. It's pretty much tantamount to someone saying that only public sector union members who "leach off of taxpayers", support the NDP.

Most (but not all) small business owners support the Liberal party. It's a common misconception (especially it seems, on this board) that small business owners are all "rich". This simply is not the case.

I have worked for several in my lifetime and most work and average of 60 to 80 hrs per week, do their own bookkeeping and carry a huge line of credit to compensate when cash flow isn't there.

I worked in a small computed shop for four years and in that time, I saw the owner take home an average of two paycheques per year. Luckily for him, his wife had a high-paying job in the public sector and was able to support the family.

This is the reality of most small business owners. Not "offshore accounts" as some of the more uninformed might think.

Are you claiming that the allegations Against Dix are untrue? Because you'd be wrong about that...

Clark was never charged with running a red light. That apparently doesn't stop CDC members from talking about it here. A verbal admission of guilt, in my opinion, holds more weight than what some Supreme Court wigs have to say.

On your second point - 2 candidates, actually, but I digress. It's the nature of the candidates that the NDP has on their ticket and their refusal to remove Jane Shin from the NDP banner after doing so to the previous candidate that makes it laughable.

Funny how only the rich and extremely well off are screaming the sky is falling. Good to see you squirm. I see the same three main posters posting the same lies over and over, just changing a word here and there. It's about time that you pompous self entitled jackasses were pulled off your pedestals. The way you post lies say's a lot about how you made your money. The only ones that will lose are the fat cats like you that have been stealing the fillings from the teeth from honest hard working British Colombians. Do everyone a favor and move to Alberta where you belong if the NDP boogie man is so terrible. Your screams of anguish are music to my ears, and the more lies you spew, the more people pull away from you as you are starting to sound rabid. Wet, I don't know why you are complaining so much, as your offshore accts. should tide you over quite handily till you croak. Which, judging by your ramblings, wont be long. Say hi to Alison Redford for me when you move.

If you believe that only "rich" people support the Liberals, then you truly have a lot to learn. It's pretty much tantamount to someone saying that only public sector union members who "leach off of taxpayers", support the NDP.

Most (but not all) small business owners support the Liberal party. It's a common misconception (especially it seems, on this board) that small business owners are all "rich". This simply is not the case.

I have worked for several in my lifetime and most work and average of 60 to 80 hrs per week, do their own bookkeeping and carry a huge line of credit to compensate when cash flow isn't there.

I worked in a small computed shop for four years and in that time, I saw the owner take home an average of two paycheques per year. Luckily for him, his wife had a high-paying job in the public sector and was able to support the family.

This is the reality of most small business owners. Not "offshore accounts" as some of the more uninformed might think.

I never said "all businesses". The most amount of money is made by the least amount of businesses. Kind of like Spock's rule inversed; The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one. These are the ones who are crying gloom and doom because their money train is being derailed.

I have to agree with you. What is the mythical "rich"? That is what I hear all this forum all the time. The "rich", The "rich".

Is it two teachers making $60,000 per year for a combine $120,000. Or is it the small business owner in the corner store who works 18 hours? People assume that people who own a business are raking in the money. Far from the case. Most small business fail. Just come to Chinatown and see all the empty shuttered stores.

There are surveys who ask people if they are rich. From what I recall, people who made $100,000, were asked if they were rich. Of course, they said no. People who made $100,000 have mortages too, considering the price of the average single family house of $1 miilion in Vancouver.

Now for the misconception that only the rich vote for the Liberals. Ok, say $250,000 a year is super rich. How much of the population makes $250,000? It can't be more the 5% who can earn that much money. Yet the Liberals last election, got around 40% of the vote. So it is obvious other people are voting for the Liberals. I would say it is the middle class.

The rich (however you define them) are just as likely to vote for the left wing parties. Just look at the US, where the really wealthy people like Michael Bloomberg, The Kennedys, Al Gore, Warren Buffet, Geeorge Sorenson, are big supporters of left wing causes.

These people never got their hands dirty by working 18 hours in a small business.

Archived