The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daft Punk New Album Coming Out! Random Access Memories

Alex the Great

I already pre-ordered the record, not going to bother listening to any leaked songs.

Too bad it got leaked, Daft Punk really likes to hold onto their secrets. Only a week until the record is released!

didn't leak, was officially released to Rolling Stone and stuff like that for advanced listening

I've given the album at least 3-4 play-throughs already and I love a lot of it and the parts I don't love are actually growing on me quite quickly. Lose Yourself To Dance and Contact are the standouts for me so far but I'm really digging the experimental songs like Giorgio (once Giorgio stops talking!) and Touch (which I saw quite accurately referred to as Daft Punk's Bohemian Rhapsody).I think within a few more listens I'll come to love the rest of the album too

I'm too much of a goody goody to get it that way. Even though I'd end up buying it anyway.

You can listen to the entire album on itunes currently. Don't even need to preorder it.

In my opinion, I didn't like about a quarter of the songs; some were incredibly dope, and then others were just upsetting to me. Give Life Back to Music or Get Lucky are definitely my favorites. Contact and Touch are great as well.

• 5 months later...

Archived