The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VAN Canucks vs DET Red Wings - 04/20/13

Strombone1

Just reviewing the teams underlying #'s. Since trade deadline, their puck possession rate (fenwick close) has gone from 53.67% to 52.92%.

I believe this is the lowest puck possession #'s from the team all season.

Considering they spent most the season without Kesler, some without Raymond/Bieksa etc, and have added a strong puck possession player in Roy - this is a concerning trend. This is exactly what happened last yr - shortly after the Bruins game, the teams underlying #'s cratered.

Note:

Chicago is 55.57%

LA. 58.47% (unreal)

http://www.theprovin...2080/story.html

Very interesting article about the sports psychologist guy the Canucks fired (and he is now suing them).

Instead of working respectfully with the players, coaches and trainers, Demichelis appeared “dismissive” of their experience and knowledge of hockey and its particular physical demands on players, said Aquilini.

“The plaintiff lost credibility with the players and coaching and training staff because he appeared to apply to hockey exactly the same techniques as he used for soccer, without accounting for the very substantial and relevant differences between the two sports.”

Can the Canucks at least play up to their potential and put together a full game effort?

I'm not confident they have the chemistry needed to have any success tonight or in the playoffs.

Tamby is available so if it's an early exit from the playoffs ,that would be my first move if I were Aqua man.

Just reviewing the teams underlying #'s. Since trade deadline, their puck possession rate (fenwick close) has gone from 53.67% to 52.92%.

I believe this is the lowest puck possession #'s from the team all season.

Considering they spent most the season without Kesler, some without Raymond/Bieksa etc, and have added a strong puck possession player in Roy - this is a concerning trend. This is exactly what happened last yr - shortly after the Bruins game, the teams underlying #'s cratered.

Note:

Chicago is 55.57%

LA. 58.47% (unreal)

Archived