The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

There is a big part of your problem.

If you want to cut fat....stay far away from any type of bread or starchy carbs.

Not necessarily true. I can attest to that. I have lost 100 lbs. Over the last 2 years and oh boy I can tell you I ate bread, rice and potatoes. Its more of not being in excess of bread or starchy carbs. Everything in moderation is fine. Making sure you are monitoring your caloric intake is essential in weight loss. Not too little, not too much.

bumped up my calories even more the last couple days and felt like throwing up after every meal (felt like the food was half way out), hopefully it's gonna be worth it in a few months

ya that happens to me too when i initially bump up cals but i evenually get used to ot and end up being hungry lol
  • Upvote 1

Gonna do light weight this week, not super light but in the 7-10 rep range

Been going heavy for the last couple months and my joints are really feeling it

A deload week is good every now and then to allow your recovery curve to catch back up to the stresses put on your body from training. However, I think having planned deloads is a waste of time unless you're squatting 400+, deadlifting 500+, and benching 300+.

Looks like I'm on schedule with my cut. Was at 182 at the start of july. Currently at 176. Looking to stop somewhere around 165-170, but I wont stop until that stomach fat is gone.

EDIT: Anyone else cutting right now?

Yes actually, I'm in almost the exact same boat as far as weight. Started at 181, down to 176-177 but I started a little later. Once I'm down I'll do a long clean bulk over the winter.

Yes actually, I'm in almost the exact same boat as far as weight. Started at 181, down to 176-177 but I started a little later. Once I'm down I'll do a long clean bulk over the winter.

Haha looks like we are on the exact same plan, let alone the fact our weight is almost identical.

Im doing a mix of lifting and cardio workouts while maintaining a reasonable calorie deficit.

Lift first, then I run and go on the bike. After that I sometimes swim too.

How about you?

Haha looks like we are on the exact same plan, let alone the fact our weight is almost identical.

Im doing a mix of lifting and cardio workouts while maintaining a reasonable calorie deficit.

Lift first, then I run and go on the bike. After that I sometimes swim too.

How about you?

I still use the same lifting routine as I did while bulking. I absolutely hate cardio so instead I play sports. Stick and puck once a week with hard skating, and lots of road hockey and football outside.

I still use the same lifting routine as I did while bulking. I absolutely hate cardio so instead I play sports. Stick and puck once a week with hard skating, and lots of road hockey and football outside.

About stick and puck... how is it like? Just skating around and stickhandling or what?

Same, although I found its harder to do the same weight I used to do. Also stick and puck is fun, sports is a good way of burning cals, you can have fun while doing it!

Edited by Danthecanucksfan

1st day back in the gym after a few weeks. Weighed in at 215.6LBs this morning. Going back to my roots with Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 where I saw good strength/weight progression.

It feels good to be back.

I don't have a goal weight, just a BF% goal before next bulk!

Been working out for over a year, but for the first time I've been getting pain in my shoulders, and it doesn't feel like the good pain...

Shoulders are aching around the front delts and where the collar bone is above the shoulder. Didn't feel any snaps or anything like that, just gradually been getting stiff and sore the last 7-9 days. The aching feels similar to when your body aches when you have a bad cold.. Anybody else get this before?

Scared it may be some sort of rotator cuff thing, or something else that could really screw me over.. But I could just be over using my shoulders on my push day. Not been doing anything heavy for the summer, just shorter than average breaks between sets..

Not sure if it's just needing a break, or if I should get checked out