The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

I need suggestions for a good and relatively cheap protein poweder. I wanna get lean.

You do not need protein powder. Fix your diet first, that's where 80% of the results come from. 18-19.5% of your results are driven by rountine. That last little bit is where supplements can give you a boost, but supplementation sure as hell won't do anything if your diet isn't already on point.

What does one days food intake look like? Specifics of when and how much, not just generalizations. If you can't answer the "when" and "how much" of what you're eating, your diet needs work.

I need suggestions for a good and relatively cheap protein poweder. I wanna get lean.

Protein powder won't help you get lean. Your diet will. Like all supplements, they are supposed to supplement your diet.

A look In to my diet for today.

Breakfast. Granola with yogurt,a banana.

Lunch, 2 cabbage rolls

Dinner will be, steak, potatoes, salad.

I'm drinking huge amounts of water. I cut the booze out for a week or so so far and feel better.

Edited by Mr.Habitat

115?:/

How often have you been going to the gym? And most importantly what the heck do you eat because that is honestly shocking. I doubt I could ever lose 10 pounds even if I ate 1000 calories.

Do you do Cardio? Cut it out of your workout.

Track your calories or you'll never grow.

I've been kinda lazy for the end of July, and start of August, but I try to go almost everyday. I usually eat like two meals a day, and that's about it. I try to stay away from junk food, unless I'm super hungry.

I've been doing more strength workouts lately. Cardio is almost non existent right now. Tracking calories soo much work man...

Edited by ChenWei91

I've been kinda lazy for the end of July, and start of August, but I try to go almost everyday. I usually eat like two meals a day, and that's about it. I try to stay away from junk food, unless I'm super hungry.

I've been doing more strength workouts lately. Cardio is almost non existent right now. Tracking calories soo much work man...

Man, you have GOT to eat more than that if you want gains. Continue to eat healthy, but eat MORE healthy foods, get those calories up.

Im cutting and I eat more than 2 meals a day lol. Get lots and lots of protein whenever you can.

Edited by Danthecanucksfan

Breakfast

Oikos Greek Yogurt with blueberries, strawberries, and bananas with a bit of honey.

Lunch

Massive romaine salad with cukes, tomatoes, pea shoots, mushrooms, avocado, and sardines. Homemade dressing is olive oil and yuzu sauce.

Dinner

Lean proteins like fish or chicken with lots of veggies.

I like to get a lot of my carbs from veggies but I do eat pasta 3 times a month max. If I want a snack I eat a thin rice cake with almond butter and banana slices with honey. I do eat choco bars sometimes but I work that off.

I do 3 days a week weights and I am constantly mountain biking and looking for the big hills to go up and down. I try to make it to Bikram at least 3 times a week as well. On bikram days, I eat more carbs and calories.

I weigh 180lbs and 6'1" tall. I was up to 205 but I put an end to that and feel like a machine. Biggest advice is to eat a good healthy breakfast and you are set for the day.

Honestly you are better off just quitting the gym all together then. If you cant find the motivation, just quit. I bet your sister weighs as much as you.

You are burning extra calories in the gym from any lifting that you honestly cant afford given your lack of eating. May as well sit around all day and it be better for you.

I honestly don't understand what your goals are with the strength training your doing, because you wont get results the way your at it, and as you've seen you've gone the opposite way.

Count your calories for sure, you need to since you don't know how much you are eating. It's 10 seconds - a minute to record a whole damn meal.

Change your habits around or I suggest just quitting. Everything is only up to you, what you do doesn't affect me, just trying to help.

Edited by PlayStation
  • Upvote 1

How old are you? 115lbs is really low for any guy. 2 meals a day will not do anything for you. Tracking calories isn't that tough there are many sites/apps that will do it for you. All you have to do is put in what you ate. You HAVE to eat more. Diet plays a bigger part in the results than you think it does.

it is all going to come down to how much you want to succeed. If you really want to reach your goals you would do what it takes, eating two meals a day will not cut it. Bodybuilding/Powerlifting is no place for you if you continue to half-ass it. You are wasting your money on a gym membership if you dont eat properly, you will get zero gain in size or strength.

Been working out for over a year, but for the first time I've been getting pain in my shoulders, and it doesn't feel like the good pain...

Shoulders are aching around the front delts and where the collar bone is above the shoulder. Didn't feel any snaps or anything like that, just gradually been getting stiff and sore the last 7-9 days. The aching feels similar to when your body aches when you have a bad cold.. Anybody else get this before?

Scared it may be some sort of rotator cuff thing, or something else that could really screw me over.. But I could just be over using my shoulders on my push day. Not been doing anything heavy for the summer, just shorter than average breaks between sets..

Not sure if it's just needing a break, or if I should get checked out

May be you're short of Vit D. I had this problem few months back, had exact the same type of pain in my both shoulders. It used to feel like if I take long stretching then the pain would subside. I started taking Vit D with Calcium supplements and the problem supressed to 99%. I'm not a doctor so please don't take my advice in that way. It is better if you get yourself checked up by a doctor if problem does'nt go.

So I've been doing this meal prep life sentence (lol). I am 150 lbs trying to gain 30 lbs. My height is about 5'6. I wanna be built like a tank just like Max Domi.

I eat roughly about every 3-4 hours. This is what some people call "clean bulk". Plus I do German Volume Training (10 sets of 10 reps) at the gym. Here is my eating schedule.

7:30am: I start off with Peanut butter and toast with assorted fruits with a serving of Syntha-6 (meal addition)

10:30am: Assorted fruits.

11:30am: Syntha-6 meal addition.

12:30pm: A surf and turf meal with steak and tilapia/basa fillets with brown rice and assorted veggies.

4:00pm: Same things as 12:30pm.

6:00pm: Syntha-6 meal addition.

8:30pm: Big time weight gainer (after workout of course)

9:00pm: Baked chicken with tilapia/basa fillet with assorted veggies.

9:30pm: Syntha-6 meal addition

11:30pm: Sleep.

Feel free to critique it.

Btw what are macros? I keep hearing this word which I don't understand..

So I've been doing this meal prep life sentence (lol). I am 150 lbs trying to gain 30 lbs. My height is about 5'6. I wanna be built like a tank just like Max Domi.

I eat roughly about every 3-4 hours. This is what some people call "clean bulk". Plus I do German Volume Training (10 sets of 10 reps) at the gym. Here is my eating schedule.

7:30am: I start off with Peanut butter and toast with assorted fruits with a serving of Syntha-6 (meal addition)

10:30am: Assorted fruits.

11:30am: Syntha-6 meal addition.

12:30pm: A surf and turf meal with steak and tilapia/basa fillets with brown rice and assorted veggies.

4:00pm: Same things as 12:30pm.

6:00pm: Syntha-6 meal addition.

8:30pm: Big time weight gainer (after workout of course)

9:00pm: Baked chicken with tilapia/basa fillet with assorted veggies.

9:30pm: Syntha-6 meal addition

11:30pm: Sleep.

Feel free to critique it.

Btw what are macros? I keep hearing this word which I don't understand..

Sounds like you are in the same situation I was in during 2010.

Seems like an alright diet plan. Try substituting greek yogurt with hemp hearts and chia seeds instead of your PB and toast.

Eat every 2 hours.

Be sure to change up your workout every few weeks(maybe four?). German Volume training is great, but your gains are gonna be limited if you continue to do the same things over and over again.

Is that needed? The tracking of my carbs/proteins etc?

Well you gotta hit your macro's in order to maximize your gains. If you don't know how much you're taking in then you won't know what your missing or what you're eating too much of.

(btw sorry about my grammar if it's messed up, I was elevated half an hour ago :bored: )