The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

Need some tips.

I've been stuck at about 12% body fat for about a year.

I have a problem where I barely eat in the day that I'm working on.

You could probably call me skinny fat, but with a foundation of muscle underneath.

The only problem km facing is if I should bulk or cut.

I've been told I should slow bulk and that will help me lose the fat and gain muscle. Think that's a good idea?

Need some tips.

You could probably call me skinny fat, but with a foundation of muscle underneath.

I've been told I should slow bulk and that will help me lose the fat and gain muscle. Think that's a good idea?

at 12%, a slow bulk should be the best route, but hard to know as i cannot see how you look

Need some tips.

If you're skinny fat, do not cut. Clean bulk. You need mass before you can effectively cut. You also should not be worrying about your bf% at this stage. Worry about your lifts.

• Upvote 1

Now down to 190 since the start of cutting at 206.

Definitely more defined and starting to get more veiny but a bit frustrating with the stomach having some flab left.

Everyone putsp on fat in slightly different places. There's no way to lose far in a specific spot. It comes off in s genetically predetermined order.

Anyone have any tips to improve my pullup endurance? Currently doing 4 sets of pullups about 8 reps each set.. Looking to hit 10 reps per set. Would doing weighted pullups have any affect on my pullup endurance? I've been doing regular pullups for months and seem to have plateud a bit, is there any way I should mix things up or just keep pushing it?

If you're skinny fat, do not cut. Clean bulk. You need mass before you can effectively cut. You also should not be worrying about your bf% at this stage. Worry about your lifts.

I've got a decent amount of mass, I'm about 200 pounds. I've been lifting about 2 years now.

But what you said adds up to what everyone else has said.

Thanks for the advice!

at 12%, a slow bulk should be the best route, but hard to know as i cannot see how you look

I'm excited to gain mass again even if it's slower.

So I'm glad everyone's advice is the same!

Thanks.

Edited by Kent.St

Anyone have any tips to improve my pullup endurance? Currently doing 4 sets of pullups about 8 reps each set.. Looking to hit 10 reps per set. Would doing weighted pullups have any affect on my pullup endurance? I've been doing regular pullups for months and seem to have plateud a bit, is there any way I should mix things up or just keep pushing it?

keep doing them and it will eventually increase, doing negatives and forced reps (extra 2-3) with help from a gym buddy could also be useful.

Everyone putsp on fat in slightly different places. There's no way to lose far in a specific spot. It comes off in s genetically predetermined order.

Isn't it a fact that the stomach is the last place on your body that slims?

Went to a different gym location yesterday. I start with squats. Squat machine is taken. Four guys doing... shoulder shrugs. OK fine, they're idiots, but I'll wait and deadlift first. Finally they're done shrugging in the only squat machine in the gym, I'm excited to squat.. and I tweak my neck grabbing the bar for my first warm up set. F@#$. Didn't squat. Felt so incomplete.

I can't believe I curled the barbell at the squat machine at one time. I was such a tool.

Edited by Lockout Casualty

Went to a different gym location yesterday. I start with squats. Squat machine is taken. Four guys doing... shoulder shrugs. OK fine, they're idiots, but I'll wait and deadlift first. Finally they're done shrugging in the only squat machine in the gym, I'm excited to squat.. and I tweak my neck grabbing the bar for my first warm up set. F@#$. Didn't squat. Felt so incomplete.

I can't believe I curled the barbell at the squat machine at one time. I was such a tool.

Do you mean squat rack or cage or an actual squat machine?

Speaking of squats, I have a bulging disc and need to be really careful. Actually, my strength has decreased significantly so I'm working my way back up again.

First time squatting after like a year and a plate on each side felt like super heavy lol.

Next time was able to get to a plate and a quarter for 5-7 reps and then a week later a plate and a 35 for 4-5 reps. Super happy with the progress even if it is way lighter than what I used to lift.

Then some dude walks up to the squat cage to me and starts squatting four plates like they are feather and then slaps on another plate. And he kinda just messing around in flip-flops.

Squatting 5 plates just for fun? Like wtfrack?

You were running a PSMF, right?

Only to a small extent you could say.

This is the 2nd year I have done this and I cut pretty fast.

Only fluid is water and lots of it. Minimize any and call carbs and fat except for 1 day a week where I just over load the body.

I didn't really count calories or macros very meticulously just made sure to eat as "clean" as possible.

Made sure to have not eaten a full 12 hours between the time of a last meal for the night till breakfast in the morning.

High rep lower weight minimum rest work outs and cardio every 2nd day.

Edited by Rypien37