The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Israeli rockets hit outskirts of the Syrian capital Damascus

D :

So what do you call the bully who murders his own citizens, oppresses women, executes gays, sponsors terrorism, stifles any political dissent? I'll take the little bully who is flawed in many ways but strives for democracy. I'll take the little bully who has been bullied his whole life and now is saying 'stop'. Do you really think the Arab neighbors would accept a two state solution? Do you think they even care about the Palestinians at all? There's a lot of ways in which Israel needs to adjust (GTFO of the colonies, distribute water more fairly, stop treating Israeli Arabs like second class citizens, among many).

But in my mind, when Israel sees a shipment of weapons for Hezbollah in Syria: bomb away. They have the right to defend themselves.

Your brainwashed too eh? How do they oppress woman? Just because its not upto western standards they must be oppressed right. When have you ever heard of a gay being executed, it would be a top story for a decade lol get your facts straight and don't believe evrything you hear.

You don't have a clue. Israel has fought many wars against huge odds. They've taken tens of thousands of casualties. The US has not once put soldiers on the ground for Israel. Add to that the civilians have to deal with the constant threat of a terrorist attack. Look what the Boston bombing did to the USA. Imagine that occuring on a weekly basis. Fairly easy for you to make accusation of bullying from behind a computer.

Yes, beating women, not allowing them to have education, punishing them for being raped is oppression. It's not a question of "western standards" it's a question of human rights. I'm not even talking about rights to vote, I'm talking about basic human rights.

Currently, the nations that prescribe capital punishment for homosexuals are Iran, Mauritania, the Republic of Sudan, Saudi Arabia and Yemen. edit: and mind you, these are the only countries where it's actually in the law. Many countries implicitly condone extra-judicial punishment for homosexuality.

But yeah, "lol", as you say.

So you actually believe devout muslims would oppress and beat their woman on a daily basis?. The quran has stated that "men and woman are equal" and that they "are protectors of woman" . If you had actually talked to a Muslim woman I guarantee you that they will not say their oppressed. Your stereotyping them because they dress a certain way or for what you've seen on tv. Do some research buddy

So you actually believe devout muslims would oppress and beat their woman on a daily basis?. The quran has stated that "men and woman are equal" and that they "are protectors of woman" . If you had actually talked to a Muslim woman I guarantee you that they will not say their oppressed. Your stereotyping them because they dress a certain way or for what you've seen on tv. Do some research buddy

I know, and am friends with plenty muslim people. I'm not talking about moderates in the US, Europe, and Canada. I thought we were talking about the middle east.

First of all, it doesn't matter if the oppression and beating is on a daily basis. Regularly is bad enough. The quran and all the other top religious books say a lot of things, and it's easy to pick and chose. If you think women and men are treated with any semblance of equality, I suggest you travel to the middle east, as I did.

I can also guarantee that many Muslim women would say they aren't oppressed, as would many slaves in American plantations. The fact is that the men make rules for them and they have no power of their own to disagree.

I don't care how they dress, and I don't watch TV.

Looks like an accurate strike on a large cache of munitions. Likely destined for a Syrian city or Hezbollah. In either way great job on Israel for getting rid of that. Not only does it help them but also the civilians living under terrible conditions inside Syria.

Here's where your wrong I have been to the middle east, I have grown up there. When you say beaten reguarly what do you mean? Although islam authorizes this type of practice it is still very controversial and is barely used today. Like I mentioned before woman are just as equal as men in islam, even in the Middle East. There may be a minority of people who do not follow the EXACT teachings but don't just generalize everything.

And to say that men only make rules for woman to abide by is nonsense my friend. Woman are allowed to have their own job, own property, own money, right to vote, and even a right to divorce a man they do not feel is treating them right. The points you made are of uneducated people who pretend to be muslims.

You don't have a clue. Israel has fought many wars against huge odds. They've taken tens of thousands of casualties. The US has not once put soldiers on the ground for Israel. Add to that the civilians have to deal with the constant threat of a terrorist attack. Look what the Boston bombing did to the USA. Imagine that occuring on a weekly basis. Fairly easy for you to make accusation of bullying from behind a computer.

Go to Al Jazeera English if you want the truth. Not what your spoon fed by the American media. It's fairly easy to call bull without anything but blah blah to back it up sitting behind a computer.

The reported strikes killed 42 Syrian soldiers, the opposition Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Monday, citing medical sources. It said 100 people remained missing.

If this is true, the war will get much broader.

Archived