The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Younger Faster Bigger and keeping our main players

First of all I would Fire Mike Gillis and Hire Brian Burke, hes capable of making our team BIGGER YOUNGER and faster, Look what he did with Toronto lol .

Get Lindy Ruff or Patt quinn as Head Coach

Trade Luongo to either Pittsburgh, NYI, Tampa, Florida, or Philly

realistic deals for him : Pitts - Lou for brandon sutter maybe duno if they would do that . hed be a good 3rd line center

NYI- Lou for Bailey or Nino Tampa Lou for Purcell or Conolly maybe

Florida Lou for Matthias or Versteeg

Philly Lou for simmonds or coutourier

then you trade Edler to Anahiem for Bobby ryan or to philly for Simmonds , Couturier or matt read

buyout booth and ballard

let raymond walk along with barker alberts and ebbet

Resign Lapppy and weise

UFAS to sign - Burish , Torress, Clarkson , and a winger to replace raymond

Realistic moves yes no ?

looks like a thread that was made from the "highly rated" in the armchair gm forums, while trying to cater to canucks fans with "let ebbet walk" as the selling point, with no real substance at all

"realistic deals for him : Pitts - Lou for brandon sutter maybe duno if they would do that" then how is that realistic? how would lindy ruff automatically solve the teams' woes? might as well hire paul maurice if we're just going to throw names out there, and i've lost all confidence in vigs as much as the next guy

i think the ducks would ask for more than just eds for bobby ryan. simmonds sounds the most realistic, and i like wayne simmonds. hes a hard working guy.

i would buy out booth, but honestly, i would keep ballard. only reason most people are on the fence about the guy is because vigs keeps him in the press box so much, but when he actually suits up to play, he does what he can

I love the idea for the simmonds deal. That would be fantastic. But our roster would be filled.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Kesler Simmonds

Higgins Gaunce Hansen

Weise Lappierre Jensen

Theres really no room for Bobby Ryan there, and I would think they would want Edler and a bit more too. Might was well keep Edler and run the group of "Edler, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Garrison, Tanev, and Corrado," instead of making a whole in the d for another top 6 forward.

First of all I would Fire Mike Gillis and Hire Brian Burke, hes capable of making our team BIGGER YOUNGER and faster, Look what he did with Toronto lol .

Get Lindy Ruff or Patt quinn as Head Coach

Trade Luongo to either Pittsburgh, NYI, Tampa, Florida, or Philly

realistic deals for him : Pitts - Lou for brandon sutter maybe duno if they would do that . hed be a good 3rd line center

NYI- Lou for Bailey or Nino Tampa Lou for Purcell or Conolly maybe

Florida Lou for Matthias or Versteeg

Philly Lou for simmonds or coutourier

then you trade Edler to Anahiem for Bobby ryan or to philly for Simmonds , Couturier or matt read

buyout booth and ballard

let raymond walk along with barker alberts and ebbet

Resign Lapppy and weise

UFAS to sign - Burish , Torress, Clarkson , and a winger to replace raymond

Realistic moves yes no ?

Surprisingly good deals and suggestions there. Anaheim will definately be looking for defence after their collapse against Detroit, and their D-men like Souray and Beauchemin are only getting older - they need someone to complement Fowler and Edler is perfect. Ryan for Edler straight up is pretty fair, maybe the Canucks throw in a pick or two to even it up nicely.

Josh Bailey for Luongo is pretty fair and benefits both teams BIG time. Again, fill it out with prospects to even up, but that is a pretty fair straight-up deal.

Sedin - Sedin - Ryan

Burrows - Kesler - Higgins

Raymond - Bailey - Hansen

Kassian - Lapierre - Booth

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Corrado

Tanev - Ballard

Alberts

Schneider

Lack

Still has some big holes, namely on defence and backup goalie, but we have some forwards we can trade around (Raymond, Schroeder could be trade bait for a nice top-4 defenceman)

Archived