The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is the NHL not posting which referees are in the second round?

cresentmoon

One fact does not negate the other.

Regardless of what the outcome of the series might have been, both SJ and Vancouver deserved to win or lose on their own. As it stands, that series should have an * beside the outcome in the record books because both teams were denied that right.

But it's not just about this series, or even just our team. It's about the ongoing culture in the NHL of "game management" with money, not integrity or the game of hockey, being the deciding factor. It's about a professional sporting organization that is knowingly effecting the outcomes of games based on what will get them a better payday from NBC rather than allowing the athletes to decide the outcome.

Anyone who loves hockey, or any sport for that matter, should be offended by clearly biased reffing. Without a fair application of the rules it is not a sport any more. It's a reality game show. And NBC already has enough of those.

Thank you, that is exactly what I wanted to say except you worded it much more politely. And your * should be on other series as well, I only saw one or two fairly refereed games in the first round, NY/Wash game 6 was way worse than any of the Canucks/Sharks games and that series ended with the power plays 26-16.

What I don't get is why did the league even appoint him to our series in the first place? They know that there's been some controversy with him in the Boston series, and earlier on this year. Why even risk it being a problem ? This really gets my blood boiling as it could have eaaasily been avoided .

What I don't get is why did the league even appoint him to our series in the first place? They know that there's been some controversy with him in the Boston series, and earlier on this year. Why even risk it being a problem ? This really gets my blood boiling as it could have eaaasily been avoided .

When will people learn to not put threats or wishes of ill will towards others on the Internet. Let's hope for your sake nothing crazy happens to him as a complete and total fluke and your post is your undoing.

But then again there isn't any age limit for these forums so your mummy would take the hit.

I'd love to see a website that rates refs. performances. They keep player stats. It could be full of good info like....how many times in a 1 goal game has he given a penalty to the team that was behind with 2 or 3 minutes left in the game and which teams they where.....one can dream.

Archived