The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bob McKenzie: "I expect the Vancouver Canucks to make a coaching change"

1) Pat Quinn single-handedly helped get Pavel Bure into the HHoF and calls him the best Canuck ever. Bure appreciates Pat Quinn. 2) The bit about Gretzky is all rumour, and further down that same rumour road I've heard the owner forced Quinn to get a decision immediately with Gretzky as it was believed 99 was using the Canucks as a bargaining chip. Not to mention, this whole rumoured situation happened when Gretzky was well past his prime. New York Ranger-old Gretzky coming to Vancouver would probably have had similar results as the Messier and Sundin experiments. 3) Trevor Linden loved Pat Quinn - he was a mentor to him. He drafted Linden, he gave Linden the captaincy, and treated him with complete respect. It's entirely plausible that Linden would be interested in joining Canucks management in some capacity with Pat Quinn around.

Trevor has seen the corruption within the NHL close-up and personal, and wants no part of it .. I always had hope that Trev would end up as the Commish someday .. perhaps bring integrity back to this wonderful game .. he would be a natural

Archived