The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bob McKenzie: "I expect the Vancouver Canucks to make a coaching change"

Apparently Dregs was on TSN and stated it looks like Vancouver is heading in another direction and will likely let Alain Vigneault go later this week.

Taj the Canucks fan (some of you may know him from his CDC days) retweeted someone who saw it on TV.

Exact tweet was the following

HabsLinks@HabsLinks

1h

Dreger on TSN: it looks like Vancouver is heading in another direction and will likely let Alain Vigneault go later this week.

Although I'm a supporter of AV, I understand that his time here has probably run it's course. I'd actually be a bit disappointed if he wasn't let go...

I really am looking forward to seeing what posters like this have to say when the new guy doesn't magically turn the team's fortunes around...

Yes, AV is a good coach, but he still needs to go. The writing's on the wall, people. His message and system has gone stale. He isn't using the players properly. Gillis has provided this team with players that can succeed, only for AV to reign them in and make them play a style they are not suited to. We have offensive talent, but they are stuck trying to play a defensive game when they should be attacking. We are a good team both offensively and defensively. We need a coach that actually recognizes that and doesn't make players play a style that doesn't help them succeed. We also need a new coaching staff to go along with the new coach, especially on the powerplay.

It is so funny how media manipulates with our brain. They need to sell the story, to keep listeners tunning in so they can keep getting their paychecks. So they will keep speculating and we will keep biting that nonsense that comes out from their mouth. It is all said about AV, MG and our star players. Lets just be patient for few days and see what will come out from Canucks organization. Who cares what TSN or 1040 has to say at this point of time.

My dog groomer is friends with GMMG's gardener, and he said Newell Brown and some scouts are being replaced. AV is staying.

a)he thinks AV isn't the main issue

b)cost saving measure, for not paying for two coaching staffs

c)he has to show at least some of the 'reset' he keeps talking about

Remind me again how MG makes the line-ups? If I remember correctly AV suddenly threw Schneider out there for game 3 and 4 INJURED.

If anything blame Gillis for keeping AV this long, this roster or at least the key parts have won 5/6 division banners and 2 pres trophies...I really don't see what you expect Gillis can do more after that. It is up to the players to drive themselves for the Stanley Cup.

So many people here complaining about AV's defense-first mentality and you want Tortorella?

Torts takes boring-ass hockey to it's apex.. I'd hate to see the Canucks play collapse and pray hockey.

Just awful.

The Rangers are a graveyard for skilled forwards..

Archived