The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What makes people so confident in Schneider, as our number 1?

BenDrinkin

No I wouldn't. He's proven he can dominate as has lui.

Cory on the other hand... has one playoff win. Sorry but .... actually not sorry. Its fact.

Luongo is a generational talent. Cory might be good but he hasn't proven anything. Not a full season... not a series win... and only one playoff win under his belt

Riviera u disgust me and make me want to vomit over your hatred for lui. I'm sure he musta stole ur wife or smth.

Ill never reply to anything u say about lui :)

2 shutouts in 7 games of the finals. Not many goalies have that.

You are correct sir. Not many goalies have that, especially not while sporting a 3.43 GAA and .880 Sv% in said series.

I guess the point I'm always trying to make is that Luongo is not always entirely reliable in the playoffs. To claim he's "god like" when it matters is only true part of the time. In one game he'll play like god and in the next game, without rhyme or reason, he'll play like a drunken leprechaun, or someone else who wouldn't play very well.

I simply dont understand him, he's a bit of a teaser in the postseason and I would think that would put his teammates on edge quite a bit as well.

He is a top goalie in the league, but has had issues in lacing up for playoff games, and hasn't played a full season as the number one, so why does (seemingly) everyone have so much faith in him?

Why did he even miss the first two playoff games this year? Injury? Stress?

I imagine this is in the wrong forum, or it is redundant, or stupid (by some people's standards), etc, so I'm sorry in advance.

I just have a strong feeling that keeping Schneider will be a mistake.

No I wouldn't. He's proven he can dominate as has lui.

Cory on the other hand... has one playoff win. Sorry but .... actually not sorry. Its fact.

Luongo is a generational talent. Cory might be good but he hasn't proven anything. Not a full season... not a series win... and only one playoff win under his belt

MG should have traded Schneider a couple of seasons ago and gotten a star forward or defenceman back in return, and have Lack or Climie eventually take Luongo's #1 spot when his play starts to decline in about 3 or 4 seasons time. Instead, we've got ourselves a real log-jam now. Schneider is playing well now (not yet peaking), as is Luongo, and if we trade Luongo we'll end up with the same dillemma in a couple of seasons time when Lack and Climie are potential NHL starters.

He is a top goalie in the league, but has had issues in lacing up for playoff games, and hasn't played a full season as the number one, so why does (seemingly) everyone have so much faith in him?

Why did he even miss the first two playoff games this year? Injury? Stress?

I imagine this is in the wrong forum, or it is redundant, or stupid (by some people's standards), etc, so I'm sorry in advance.

I just have a strong feeling that keeping Schneider will be a mistake.

lol can't help but be amazed at just how much name-calling and belittling there is. I mean, we are all grown men here, why the need to pump up your own pathetic self esteem by trying to bring others down?! Too funny.

Anyway, Luongo has never been the problem for this team. We can't score goals, and haven't been able to for a while now.

I didn't realize that the 8 goals we scored in the Boston series was not only the fewest goals scored in a 7 game series, but it was the fewest for even a 6 game series.

Blow your Luongo hatred out your asses, morons.

Jesus christ, if we trade Luongo, we get nothing back, if we trade Schneider, we get pieces that will actually help us compete for a cup.

Archived