The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] Super Smash Brothers (2014)

avelanch

you don't fight as the amiibo, the amiibo fights for itself, so choose a character you won't want to fight as.

Ah. I misunderstood that, lol. I thought it was both fighting as them, and as a partner. Will have to rethink that then. Still want them to make a Lucina one though.

i am confident that all characters will be immortalized in amiibo form, eventually.

I'd say assuming the sales are steady enough, but it's such easy money that I doubt they'll stop, lol. Just don't like that they're keeping all the ones I want to get until later.

the fact that some figures are completely sold out already insinuates that they will be making more... much more. plus the fact that they are usable across multiple games makes them even more in demand. I wonder if the shulk amiibo will do something in Xenoblade Chronicles X, i'm guessing it will.

I bet Xenonblade comes out around May-ish and Zelda will be a Holiday 2015 release. (Or vice-versa, but not likely)

I like how Nintendo actually releases 1 good game in the summer. No other game companies really do that. Watch Dogs was trash.

Yeah, these amiibos will probably be in development for awhile.

Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf's amiibos will probably get you something in the new Zelda game that's coming out in awhile. Well, at least Link since there's no confirmation of the others in that game yet. It's supposed to be a new villain as well.

Samus and Zero Suit Samus will probably get you something in the next Metroid game. I hope it's a Prime game. Or at least a game similar to Prime. A sidescrolling platformer like Fusion would be nice but that's more for the 3DS.

We can probably expect each amiibo to have some sort of effect on their own games if they do make them all into amiibos of course.

the fact that some figures are completely sold out already insinuates that they will be making more... much more. plus the fact that they are usable across multiple games makes them even more in demand. I wonder if the shulk amiibo will do something in Xenoblade Chronicles X, i'm guessing it will.

Yeah, that would make sense. It would definitely push me over the edge to purchase a Shulkmiibo. The Smash functionality is flat out disinteresting to me.

I bet Xenonblade comes out around May-ish and Zelda will be a Holiday 2015 release. (Or vice-versa, but not likely)

I like how Nintendo actually releases 1 good game in the summer. No other game companies really do that. Watch Dogs was trash.

From the Xeno-Chron-X Wiki page:

In November 2014, Monolith Soft announced that they had entered the final stages of development, morale within the team was high, and they aim to release the game in first half of 2015 in Japan, and the second half of 2015 in North America and Europe.[20]

This was sort of my estimation all along so I'm not too disappointed with a mid-to-late 2015 release. There will be lots to do in the mean time. :- )

As for the latter -- I'm just guessing here as I'm not too informed on these subjects -- perhaps it is because Nintendo has a really strong first party development team. Neither of the other two big companies really have that. They have full control of when big-name titles (basically all of their first-party stuff) are released.

there's a lot of content, plus an update. i can't say i've looked at save files though. i have no clue how big they normally are.

The update is a separate data file though. It's not a big deal and I highly, highly doubt there's something "wrong" with my game but it's just huge for a save file.

Under my Super Smash Bros. "folder":

- Super Smash Bros. 11GB

- Save Data 101MB

- Shared Save Data 122MB

- Update Data 81MB

By contrast, here's Hyrule Warriors:

- Hyrule Warriors 6949 MB

- Save Data 7680KB

- Update Data 499MB

I don't know. This kind of stuff is interesting to me.

The save files is definitely something I haven't cared to care for or look at at all. Lol.

Mildly interesting I suppose.

I won't lie the only reason I went to check in the first place was to see if I could squeeze Mario Kart 8 back in. And I can... but then I wouldn't have room for updates/DLC for other games. :- (

Archived