The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

SIGNING: The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed unrestricted free agent defenseman Anton Belov to a two year deal.

Anton Belov: 2 years, $ 3.2 million dollar contract ( $ 1,600,000.00 per season ).

* base salary $ 900,000.00 per season, signing bonus awarded up front $ 1,400,000.00.

v-logo.jpg

I agree. That's why you dont see too many deals between the Canucks and Blues, the Ducks and Oilers. And on here you probably wont see many between Pittsburgh and Colorado.

On the other hand I bet the Minister is loving his oversheet that he got for Hedman and welcomes doing business with Tampa Bay :lol:

I stand by my offersheet. Sure Hedman may be paid more than he's worth right now, but thats how offersheets work. You overpay for a guy and overcompensate for players that are normally not available during free agency or have high asking prices during trades.

Besides, I've had an awful draft record thus far, so it was worth the risk. I ended up with more picks in the draft than I initially had anyways, so I didn't entirely mortgage my future. It was a well calculated risk, and the only knock i would have on myself thus far is the anticipation of a rollback instead of a shrinking cap. If salaries were rolled back 20%, Hedman's contract would've been a lot more bearable.

I stand by my offersheet. Sure Hedman may be paid more than he's worth right now, but thats how offersheets work. You overpay for a guy and overcompensate for players that are normally not available during free agency or have high asking prices during trades.

Besides, I've had an awful draft record thus far, so it was worth the risk. I ended up with more picks in the draft than I initially had anyways, so I didn't entirely mortgage my future. It was a well calculated risk, and the only knock i would have on myself thus far is the anticipation of a rollback instead of a shrinking cap. If salaries were rolled back 20%, Hedman's contract would've been a lot more bearable.

Well said. Fair points from the other side of the argument regarding offer sheets.

I think the reason we don't see more of them is the more practical side of things in the sense that they rarely work and to get the other team to let the player actually go a GM generally has to overpay in dollar, term, and/or draft picks (and usually all 3).

Some GM's I believe still do hold to the "code" but most just realize it is largely an ineffective way to acquire another player in a cap world.

More than ever teams need those draft picks to be able to play for them and they need their young RFA's on reasonable contracts as often as possible.

I just do not think it is an "honourable" way to do business Wally , in saying that I am not denigrating Gms who operate that way. Being a fantasy GM for the last year has taught me the truth of your last statement.

you hit the nail on the head, for real life NHL GM's too. Anticipating a rollback with any cap reduction rather than the cap reduction without the rollback. Teams spending to the cap, all of them, were basically caught with their pants down, and 'punished' for it by having to lose out on their own talent over the short season and this offseason to get to the new cap number. Bad way to do business IMO. Punishing the teams that your asking to then give money to the teams who are losing money but now have the players who the money making cap spenders had to lose. (*is that a proper sentence? lol you get my drift).

Very excited to have Kellan Lain join our organization. We are hopeful that he makes the NHL so that we can use him on our NHL roster, but he will begin his tenure in Detroit in the minors with the Motor City Machine Guns.

Tomas Tatar - Brock Nelson - Toni Rajala

Stan Galiev - Kellan Lain - Greg Nemisz

Kyle Beach - Ludvig Rensfeldt - Andreas Engvist

Matt Bradley - Cody McCormick

Also, the DET 2nd Round Pick 2014 should be clear of any restriction now that ANA has been compensated for our trade for Lupul.

What are the rules regarding signing prospects? Have to be over the age of 20 correct?

Teams will have one draft pick for each of the first three rounds. At the conclusion of the playoffs, we will conduct a draft lottery that mirrors that of the NHL, and the rest of the draft order will be determined by regular season standings. Our League will select from the same pool of draft eligible players that the NHL clubs will select from. Players can then be signed (or released) and placed into a teams minor league system. Unsigned prospects will return to the entry draft after 2 years if they remain unsigned. Players from previous draft years who went undrafted in the CDCGML are eligible to be selected provided they are under 21 years of age.

Hi guys, I'm in a bit of a situation right now. I can't currently get into my account because of what I believe to be a glitch; I decided to reset my password but the new password never came ( I completed the steps 3 different times to make sure it wasn't a one time thing) I've been reading all my messages via email and was extremely disappointed to learn I've missed out on a couple players because of this situation. I'll be on MSN for most of the day if you need to contact me and am hoping to figure out the issues or make a new account in the next couple of days. Sorry for causing this distraction.

Mattias Ohlund.2

SIGNING: The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed unrestricted free agent defenseman Anton Belov to a two year deal.

Anton Belov: 2 years, $ 3.2 million dollar contract ( $ 1,600,000.00 per season ).

* base salary $ 900,000.00 per season, signing bonus awarded up front $ 1,400,000.00.

v-logo.jpg

We are very excited that Anton chose Tampa to be his home for the next two seasons. We are very impressed with the risk he took coming over to the NHL without guarantees. We will be sure to place Anton in a position to succeed, as he has left behind an incredible KHL career. What's this about the "Russian Factor" we keep hearing about?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/anton-belov-khl-top-defenseman-big-future-edmonton-193311931.html

Also very pleased to have Peter Budaj re-join us for another two seasons. The Price-Budaj tandem was one of the best in the league last season and we have absolutely no problems going to Budaj at any given time. This will also allow Magnus Hellberg to gain valuable pro experience in the Minors.

NHL D

??? - Hedman

Josi - Oduya

Belov - De Haan

NHL G

Price

Budaj

Minors D:

Tommernes - Tennyson

Allen - Acolatse

Doherty

Archived