The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

hrm, further to that statement, ...lol...i don't think many people really get that with over 700 NHL players 690 plus callups and fillins et cetera, each year, that there really is a few layers of player..from elite perrenial star all the way down to the last 300 players or so who are or could be any of a few thousand guys to be honest. The skill level from 400th best available to 2500th best available really is just a matter of the GM preferring blondes to redheads for instance. I was aiming early on to fill my minor league team up with guys who were easy to acquire, and could be one of those 400 to 700 bottom sixers and 4th pairing guys. The downside of that is a lot of those guys go to europe when the NHL dream is over, but now and again, one of them pops up to the NHL and has a 12 year career. ; )

edit: i dont mind sharing that because I feel the team is beyond it now, the bridging strat has run its course and I have, i think, built the depth I wanted and added the pieces i wanted to improve the club.

Anyone with a squad devoid of depth might consider some aspect of that strat however, or, perhaps it was folly of me all along..but the coming season will bear out the truth of it. We want to see playoff action, and have built from the net out to do so, with some additions up front. Go Rangers!

I wish.

Just having some fun buddy. I'm sure everyone will enjoy if I fail either way, and I will be just as disappointed either way.

// Anyone else hoping we can snag Brunner for cheap? I can't believe he is still on the market..

I've been following the Brunner news almost daily, as he is one of my top-6 wingers.

Based on a 2-3 million cap hit short term, there are only a few teams that are actually able to pick him up.

The Canucks (assuming Booth is not ready to go) will have some room, but I'm not sure he's a fit. He's a guy that needs the puck on his stick, and I doubt he would work with Kesler. I also question his fit into a cycle offense with the Sedins. And finally, he's more of an offensive player, and may not work in Torts' system.

My guess on where he'll end up (and where it makes the most sense): New York Islanders (Cap, top-6 spot beside Tavares potentially, good up and coming team that is offense oriented that can help him pad his stats/get a bigger raise next year)

hrm, further to that statement, ...lol...i don't think many people really get that with over 700 NHL players 690 plus callups and fillins et cetera, each year, that there really is a few layers of player..from elite perrenial star all the way down to the last 300 players or so who are or could be any of a few thousand guys to be honest. The skill level from 400th best available to 2500th best available really is just a matter of the GM preferring blondes to redheads for instance. I was aiming early on to fill my minor league team up with guys who were easy to acquire, and could be one of those 400 to 700 bottom sixers and 4th pairing guys. The downside of that is a lot of those guys go to europe when the NHL dream is over, but now and again, one of them pops up to the NHL and has a 12 year career. ; )

edit: i dont mind sharing that because I feel the team is beyond it now, the bridging strat has run its course and I have, i think, built the depth I wanted and added the pieces i wanted to improve the club.

Anyone with a squad devoid of depth might consider some aspect of that strat however, or, perhaps it was folly of me all along..but the coming season will bear out the truth of it. We want to see playoff action, and have built from the net out to do so, with some additions up front. Go Rangers!

I totally agree. I always have a few guys signed as `long term projects`, with the hopes of seeing something in a player for myself, instead of being told who`s good by the news, trades and drafts.

When a guy like that turns out well, that`s a proud moment for a GM.

I totally agree. I always have a few guys signed as `long term projects`, with the hopes of seeing something in a player for myself, instead of being told who`s good by the news, trades and drafts.

When a guy like that turns out well, that`s a proud moment for a GM.

Well said. My fave signings are the ones when people go "who?" when you sign them, and "wow" when you see them play. I shouldn't be playing favourites, but Matt Tennyson is by far my favourite "gem" I found.

Well said. My fave signings are the ones when people go "who?" when you sign them, and "wow" when you see them play. I shouldn't be playing favourites, but Matt Tennyson is by far my favourite "gem" I found.

Mine is Alex Chiasson. Not really fair, because I signed him before the age restriction rule, but I saw a highlight reel and sent in an offer within 30 seconds. He`s now on his second year of his second contract with my team, and making himself known.

Patience is what works best with prospects.

Assignment: The Pittsburgh Penguins assign Drew Leblanc and Mark Barberio to Wilkes-Barre of the American Hockey league.

Pittsburgh Penguins Roster

Hall Stamkos Marchand

Oshie Nugent Hopkins Killorn

Forsberg Bouchard Flynn

McGinn Johnson Orr

Timonen Subban

Myers Martin

Moore Brennan

Bartley

Fleury

Emery

Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins

Rattie LeBlanc Ritchie

Agozzino Vey Hayes

Krushelnyski Trocheck Walters

Agostino

Barberio Bourdon

Cumiskey Strachan

Schmidt Ouellet

Biega Kichton

Hackett

Gustafsson

Mine is Alex Chiasson. Not really fair, because I signed him before the age restriction rule, but I saw a highlight reel and sent in an offer within 30 seconds. He`s now on his second year of his second contract with my team, and making himself known.

My favorites are Andrew Shaw, Max Reinhart (since traded), and Matt Fraser.

I found one last year in Victor Bartley. I joined the league half way through and out of curiosity looked to see if anyone had him signed. As soon as I found that he was a free agent I signed him to a 3 year deal on his 25th birthday. Later in the season he got called up and worked his way into the top 4 in Nashville.

<p>&lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;

&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br />

I totally agree. I always have a few guys signed as `long term projects`, with the hopes of seeing something in a player for myself, instead of being told who`s good by the news, trades and drafts.&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br />

When a guy like that turns out well, that`s a proud moment for a GM.&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br />

&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br />

&lt;br /&gt;<br />

Jup .....i hope jarvinen, borowiecki, joris , rafl, svedberg and halmo works out somewhere in the Future.  2 seasons ago i has luck with nate prosser....but One year later he was more like a pylon&lt;/p&gt;</p>

Matt Pettinger comes to mind, and Mark Mancari too. These are the kinds of guys that you just know are better than the team they are sitting on right now, you can see them live and just know they are 'the guy'...but then something happens along the way to the NHL and they piss off a trainer, or bang somebodies wife or whatever...and suddenly they are playing for the Long Eagles of Mannerheim or something, (LOL no offense Bombastic, i made that name up) The players are electrifying to watch live, but a twist of fate has them miss their NHL opportunity. I like those guys and always root for another twist of fate.

Matt Pettinger comes to mind, and Mark Mancari too. These are the kinds of guys that you just know are better than the team they are sitting on right now, you can see them live and just know they are 'the guy'...but then something happens along the way to the NHL and they piss off a trainer, or bang somebodies wife or whatever...and suddenly they are playing for the Long Eagles of Mannerheim or something, (LOL no offense Bombastic, i made that name up) The players are electrifying to watch live, but a twist of fate has them miss their NHL opportunity. I like those guys and always root for another twist of fate.

Cal O'Reilly is one of those guys that I don't believe was ever given the look he deserved in Nashville. Then nobody else really gave him a chance, which is a shame.

<p>

<br />

Matt Pettinger comes to mind, and Mark Mancari too. These are the kinds of guys that you just know are better than the team they are sitting on right now, you can see them live and just know they are &#39;the guy&#39;...but then something happens along the way to the NHL and they piss off a trainer, or bang somebodies wife or whatever...and suddenly they are playing for the Long Eagles of Mannerheim or something, (LOL no offense Bombastic, i made that name up) The players are electrifying to watch live, but a twist of fate has them miss their NHL opportunity. I like those guys and always root for another twist of fate.<br />

<br />

<br />

</p>

LOL.....no Problem with that....the eagles are Not on the list of Teams that i like in the del.

Wasnt mannerheim a famous finish General in ww 2 though? Lol

BTW....Mannheim is One of the german Teams that could compete in the NHL or khl with some adjustments on the roster. They played pretty strong against the s.j. sharks 2 or 3 years ago in a pre season game.

My wife likes them now cuz hecht is there. May we,ll watch them in cologne in 2 Werks. 14-16000 spectators will give this game a Touch of NHL too.

<p><br />

<br />

</p>

LOL.....no Problem with that....the eagles are Not on the list of Teams that i like in the del.

Wasnt mannerheim a famous finish General in ww 2 though? Lol

Yes, Mannerheim was and is a Finnish Legend. He led troops during the Finnish timeframe of WW1 first, the civil war between White Finns and Red Finns. My grandfather fought with him and at the same time as the civil war was on, ww1 was going on. That is when 200,000 finns repelled a million RUssians, using ski's and single shot rifles, 'creating' the modern winter biathlon in the process, ski and shoot, ski and shoot, ski and shoot. I digress.....Mannerheim and my grandfather liberated Helsinki, which was surrounded by Red Finnns and Russians and effectively won the civil war that day, also the day Granddad met his future wife, a girl who was hiding in a church from the Russian troops with her family. Mannerheim went on to be the first and only Regent of Finnland, for one year while the democracy was set up, and later in ww2 was commander in chief of Finlands forces..my grandfather moved to spain to fight, and then upon hearing of a possible civil war in Canada, moved over here, where he again met the young lady he liberated in the Church in Helsinki, and they wed and had my dad and his two brothers. ; )

fun story eh?

now back to the game...

RELEASE: The New York Rangers would like to release Ty Wishart. Ty has indeed, as reported earlier in the week, signed with a team in the DEL. The WIld Wings of Schenninger. We wish Ty the best of luck as he continues his pro career, while escalating the games stature in Europe.

http://www.elitepros...php?player=9332

http://www.wildwings...[action]=detail

(Bo), the Schwenningen Wild Wings, the services of Ty Wishart have secured. The defender changes with immediate effect to the Neckar origin and is already expected on Thursday in Schwenningen.

Ty Wishart Wurd 19 Born May 1988 in Comox, British Columbia (Canada) and played in the last two years with the New York Islanders in the National Hockey League and their farm team, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the AHL. Overall, the links Sagittarius completed 26 games in the best league in the world in the American Hockey League he was 329 times for Worcester, Norfolk and Brigeport on the ice. Here, the 1.93 meter tall and 99 kilogram defender scored 109 points scorer."Ty brings all the physical requirements with the ice, he has a good first pass and can be used on the powerplay. We are delighted that he has chosen for the Schwenningen Wild Wings in the end, "said coach Stefan Mair about the first-round draft pick of the San Jose Sharks.

Ty Wishart is now expected in Schwenningen and will travel with the team training camp in South Tyrol

This effectively clears 3.3million dollars of our minor league budget, and just in time. It is sad to see Nick and Ty leave the continent, but there is a small silver lining in that free budget room.

Of our remaining FA's on the team chart, Maxim Shalunov, a very young and highly talented Russian player has yet to sign anywhere..he has played the last few seasons in the Russia but remains the property of the Chicago Blackhawks...could a deal be in the works? OR will he return to the KHL again? The 20 year old was slowed by injury last year while playing in the KHL, but the previous year had 60 points in 48 games with the 2nd tier CHelyabinsk squad (the farm team of the KHL Chelyabinsk team)

Brett Carson has yet to ink a contract, splitting 90 NHL games between Carolina and Calgary our scouts believe he may land over in Europe as well, but the wiley defender could be seen as a cheap option for an NHL team looking to add depth while staying under the cap.

Radek Dvorak has most likely laced his NHL boots for the last time, but the talented forward once again could be seen as a viable two way player for a team in need of injury substitutions. We are not worried about Radek, and the upside here is that his resume speaks for itself, worth having in our system to help the younger players adjust, and possible injury callup later in the season.

It is best for hockey around the world that the good players move around and play elsewhere....look how far the Danish and Swiss leagues have come in a short time as their native players learn from guys that come into the country from elsewhere. It isn't just north americans, it is swedes, finn's and russians moving around the various leagues teaching the guys they play with how to be better. It is good for hockey, even the lockout, when the stars of the NHL went to Europe, some of them, they taught those guys while they played with them. All good for the global sport.

Archived