The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Has someone noticed matt lombardi to geneve?

I saw that today on my phone at work, but then had to double check the deal that shipped him out of New York.

I got Jeremy Welsh and M.A. Gragnani for Mathew Lombardi. As of today, Lombardi is gone to Europe and Gragnani to the

khl. Meanwhile Jeremy Welsh gets 1m in salary this year, on a one way deal, so if he plays in the AHL, he will be a millionaire player on the farm team. For that reason he most likely will center the 4th line in Carolina. I can live with that, I need one of those guys, and I have him. Win Win.

I saw that today on my phone at work, but then had to double check the deal that shipped him out of New York.

I got Jeremy Welsh and M.A. Gragnani for Mathew Lombardi. As of today, Lombardi is gone to Europe and Gragnani to the

khl. Meanwhile Jeremy Welsh gets 1m in salary this year, on a one way deal, so if he plays in the AHL, he will be a millionaire player on the farm team. For that reason he most likely will center the 4th line in Carolina. I can live with that, I need one of those guys, and I have him. Win Win.

And I was able to make the playoffs.

I think that was a win-win for both teams.

Signing:

The New York Islanders have signed David Steckel to a 1 year 850k contract.

Go%20Green%20Get%20Green%20Logo_rgb.jpg

The New York Islanders are very happy to welcome David aboard and hope he can add a physical two-way presence to help shelter our younger players.

Steckel will suit up as our 4th line centre until the end of training camp.

Chad Johnson, in his backup role in Boston is my 'one to watch' even though he is no longer with us in New York. I believe he is a fully capable NHL backup and he projects to have the possibility to shine in Boston when he is in net. I think it will take a couple months, IE: 4 or 5 games backing up Rask, to see how he adjusts to the new team, but his numbers in the Desert were amazing during the games he got. This guy learned from his earlier exposure to the NHL, retooled his game, became more mature, and as we are seeing a lot these days, seems to have crystalized a bit later in life. At 27 years old, a solid season backing up Rask may put "No Cho " on the netminder hotlist, a la Viktor Fasth (coincidentally the goalie we brought in to replace Chad in New York)

EDIT: also, great blog C2

There you go nashville....lydman retired

Hope PO will Post the Link around the Day...

@PO.....i hope the best for Chad but i also hope that svedberg gets a Chance during the season.

With Rinne not at 100% and no backup signed, its possible that Hellberg may get some early NHL experience.

Yes, Mannerheim was and is a Finnish Legend. He led troops during the Finnish timeframe of WW1 first, the civil war between White Finns and Red Finns. My grandfather fought with him and at the same time as the civil war was on, ww1 was going on. That is when 200,000 finns repelled a million RUssians, using ski's and single shot rifles, 'creating' the modern winter biathlon in the process, ski and shoot, ski and shoot, ski and shoot. I digress.....Mannerheim and my grandfather liberated Helsinki, which was surrounded by Red Finnns and Russians and effectively won the civil war that day, also the day Granddad met his future wife, a girl who was hiding in a church from the Russian troops with her family. Mannerheim went on to be the first and only Regent of Finnland, for one year while the democracy was set up, and later in ww2 was commander in chief of Finlands forces..my grandfather moved to spain to fight, and then upon hearing of a possible civil war in Canada, moved over here, where he again met the young lady he liberated in the Church in Helsinki, and they wed and had my dad and his two brothers. ; )

fun story eh?

now back to the game...

I do not want to derail the thread but that was a fascinating story P.O , was the war your grandfather fought in spain the Spanish civil war ?

I do not want to derail the thread but that was a fascinating story P.O , was the war your grandfather fought in spain the Spanish civil war ?

Yeah it was. I thought it was interesting enough to post it, there is some other strange intrique as well. Granddad shot and killed HIS OWN FATHER after the battle of Helsinki, protecting his sister from great granddad, who we think went crazy during the war and was abusing his daughters when his son came home to the farm from war. His buddies were very powerful and so he was arrested for murder but given his passport and sent out of Finnland rather than face court and jail. He ended up fighting with the ..i want to say Jeager Battalions for Franko, but I think the more accurate way to say it is that he fought on their side, but in a mercenary battalion. Stranger than Fiction.

Yeah it was. I thought it was interesting enough to post it, there is some other strange intrique as well. Granddad shot and killed HIS OWN FATHER after the battle of Helsinki, protecting his sister from great granddad, who we think went crazy during the war and was abusing his daughters when his son came home to the farm from war. His buddies were very powerful and so he was arrested for murder but given his passport and sent out of Finnland rather than face court and jail. He ended up fighting with the ..i want to say Jeager Battalions for Franko, but I think the more accurate way to say it is that he fought on their side, but in a mercenary battalion. Stranger than Fiction.

That is a very interesting and little bit sad story , while all wars are brutal the Spanish civil was especially so , over 1,000,000 dead in a civil war ....

That is a very interesting and little bit sad story , while all wars are brutal the Spanish civil was especially so , over 1,000,000 dead in a civil war ....

yeah i never met him, he died building forestry road in Canada, a cliff was exploded on him, the irony is he set the charges himself and then left for lunch..his lakey blew em while he was walking back to work.

Archived