The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Wouldnt Call it big ......there are enough guys they get Same money ....pointwise a good deal...why shouldnt a supposed 60 points+ Player get 4,5 Million per? .....hope he works on his defensiv play though.

6 years at $4.25 million is pretty pricey for a guy with the limited experience and numbers he's put up, especially when he's been a mess defensively. Kadri should be pissed at Hodgson for not signing that deal a week earlier, because Kadri and Hodgson are fairly similar players at similar points in their career, and if pressed I'd give the edge to Kadri. I wouldn't pay either of them over $3.5 million.

6 years at $4.25 million is pretty pricey for a guy with the limited experience and numbers he's put up, especially when he's been a mess defensively. Kadri should be pissed at Hodgson for not signing that deal a week earlier, because Kadri and Hodgson are fairly similar players at similar points in their career, and if pressed I'd give the edge to Kadri. I wouldn't pay either of them over $3.5 million.

Kadri signed a bridge deal though, if he signed at the term Hodgson did he'd probably be around 5m. Hodgson isn't worth 4.25M right now, I'd say maybe around 3 considering his defensive lapses, but if he continues his pace he'll be worth around 5 in year 3 or so of the contract. I prefer Kadri over Cody though, personally.

Yup greedy young players who want a big payday without having shown that they can perform consistently at the NHL level.They also hamstring their team to a certain extent , the team having less money to spend on quality depth players that are vital to winning a cup.

Kadri signed a bridge deal though, if he signed at the term Hodgson did he'd probably be around 5m. Hodgson isn't worth 4.25M right now, I'd say maybe around 3 considering his defensive lapses, but if he continues his pace he'll be worth around 5 in year 3 or so of the contract. I prefer Kadri over Cody though, personally.

Of course the term is longer and that makes a big difference, but if Hodgson signs first, does Kadri's camp still take the bridge deal under $3 million when there's a very comparable player making far bigger dollars like that?

Of course the term is longer and that makes a big difference, but if Hodgson signs first, does Kadri's camp still take the bridge deal under $3 million when there's a very comparable player making far bigger dollars like that?

True. I'd imagine they'd probably be asking 4.5 or so over that term had they seen Cody's contract.

The Rangers are hoping the cap goes up to 100 million next year, because look at all their pending UFAs/RFAs they need to sign: http://www.capgeek.com/rangers/

UFA: Callahan, Boyle, Pyatt, Pouliot, Powe, Moore, Asham, Girardi, Stralman, Johnson, Lundqvist, Biron

RFA: Brassard, Kreider, Zuccarello, Del Zotto, Falk, Moore

Easier to just list the signed players: Nash/Richards/Hagelin/Dorsett McDonagh/Staal

6 years at $4.25 million is pretty pricey for a guy with the limited experience and numbers he's put up, especially when he's been a mess defensively.  Kadri should be pissed at Hodgson for not signing that deal a week earlier, because Kadri and Hodgson are fairly similar players at similar points in their career, and if pressed I'd give the edge to Kadri.  I wouldn't pay either of them over $3.5 million.

but its may a good price in 2 or 3 years if coho has grewn up on the game..specially defensively

Archived