The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

JVR-Bozak-Kessel

Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson

Don't see him taking over any of those guys... And even if Kadri doesn't sign, they got Kulemin or Bolland who can play top 6 over Raymond.

Not fitting in a top 6 role on one team and not being good enough for a top 6 role in the NHL are two very different things. A 3rd line of Raymond - Bolland - Kulemin has the potential to be a pretty good, 2B caliber line, which is a very good thing for the Leafs.

Not fitting in a top 6 role on one team and not being good enough for a top 6 role in the NHL are two very different things. A 3rd line of Raymond - Bolland - Kulemin has the potential to be a pretty good, 2B caliber line, which is a very good thing for the Leafs.

And remind me where Toronto will get the cap to sign Franson, Kadri and Raymond? They could dump off Liles, but even with that would need these guys to take discounts.

And remind me where Toronto will get the cap to sign Franson, Kadri and Raymond? They could dump off Liles, but even with that would need these guys to take discounts.

I'm not saying he'll sign there for sure. I'm saying he's a capable NHL player who can put up 2nd line worthy points. The stats back that up. If the Leafs found room to do it, then it would be very beneficial for them to do so. And given that Raymond is just trying to earn a job, I don't really think that he'd be looking for a big contract.

For the record, if they moved Liles (which they should, given his cap hit, production and how much they use him...)

FORWARDS

Joffrey Lupul ($5.250m) / Tyler Bozak ($4.200m) / Phil Kessel ($5.400m)

James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Nazem Kadri ($3.250m) / David Clarkson ($5.250m)

Mason Raymond ($1.250m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Nikolai Kulemin ($2.800m)

Jay McClement ($1.500m) / Joe Colborne ($0.600m) / Colton Orr ($0.925m)

Frazer McLaren ($0.700m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Dion Phaneuf ($6.500m) / Jake Gardiner ($1.117m)

Carl Gunnarsson ($3.150m) / Paul Ranger ($1.000m)

Mark Fraser ($1.275m) / Cody Franson ($3.250m)

Korbinian Holzer ($0.788m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jonathan Bernier ($2.900m)

James Reimer ($1.800m)

OTHER

Buyout: Darcy Tucker ($1.000m)

Buyout: Colby Armstrong ($1.000m)

RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (0.778% of upper limit)

Matt Frattin ($0.437m—0.5%) Ben Scrivens ($0.062m—0.1%)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,029,167; BONUSES: $300,000

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,570,833

Disagree.

Edit: Scored 10 goals and 22 points last year, 18 goal, 40 point pace over an 82 game season. Looking at the 2011-12 season as the last full season, players in the 38-45 point range:

Jeff Skinner (44 points)

Mike Richards (44 points)

Derek Roy (44 points)

Viktor Stalberg (43 points)

Mike Cammalleri (41 points)

Cody Hodgson (41 points)

RJ Umberger (40 points)

Patrik Berglund (38 points)

etc...

And those players play with more offensively capable players than Max Lapierre, Dale Weise, Jordan Schroeder and Andrew Ebbett. Mason Raymond gets the short end a lot from Canucks fans, all because he didn't hit the 30+ goal expectations everyone had of him after his 25 goal season, even though he's fought through some tough injuries since then. He has his deficiencies like any other player does, but he has a lot of strengths as well. On a team with the right fit and systems that compliment his style of play, there's no reason he can't make an awful lot of people around here look pretty stupid for saying stuff like "not good enough to for top 6".

Granted I feel stupid already because I didn't present a case, i just made the statement, but I will take my lumps when he proves me wrong. The one year he achieved a huge 25 goals, (*even i agree that was great) he DID play with the players who make people better, and he played with them a lot. 83 assists: Hank. 56 assists, Dank. 50 assists, Kessler, Ehrhoff and Edler: 67 assists between them, Samuelson was the anomaly as he has predominant top six minutes with very few assists..but the thing I am driving at is that was Mason's career year. The thing of him is that he is only 27, and while he has seriously benefited from being on an elite team, he does have skill, I think he is not worth putting on the 3rd line as he may not necessarily be there physically, but your right, some team of the 30 teams would likely benefit from him on the 2nd line. he was on pace for 18 goals if it was a 82 game year...and that would be the second highest total of his career, after that one year where he got 25. This will be his 7th season, so we all know he has skills, my thoughts are that they were inflated by coming up with Kesler and Burr and the twins, he benefitted from that very much, and maybe he can do so again with the leafs, or some other team in need.

Mason Raymond tryout with the Leafs....

I posted this in the MayRay thread.

I think we all knew this reality as soon as the CBA was signed. Agreed that I didn't think Raymond would be one of them.

In fact, I think you could ice an all unsigned team right now that would be competitive enough to not finish last in the league.

Raymond-Mueller-Brunner

Cleary-Boyes-Prospal

Morrow-Wellwood-Hedjuk

Latendresse-Steckel-Larose

Gagne/Daugavins

Whitney-Kaberle

Hainsey-White

Zanon-Kuba

Redden-Gilbert

Thomas

Bryzgalov

It's certainly better than an expansion team.

How would a team like this do in our league?

I actually don't think it will be Liles since there is no market for him.

I think it's more likely they trade another player (Phaneuf, Van Riemsdyk, Lupul?) and then resign Kadri and Franson in addition to Raymond.

Or, at least, that's what I would do. But I'm no Nonis.

I actually don think it will be Liles since there is no market for him.

I think it's more likely they trade another player (Phaneuf, Van Riemsdyk, Lupul?) and them resign Kadri and Franson in addition to Raymond.

Or, at least, that's what I would do. But I'm no Nonis.

Nonis payed Clarkson 5.25 and Bernier essentially 3.5(Reimer>Bernier, imo) This guy is lost when it comes to managing his contracts.

If he can get a team to overpay for Phaneuf/Lupul that is probably the direction I would take as well.

Nonis payed Clarkson 5.25 and Bernier essentially 3.5(Reimer>Bernier, imo) This guy is lost when it comes to managing his contracts.

If he can get a team to overpay for Phaneuf/Lupul that is probably the direction I would take as well.

It doesn't even need to be an overpayment. It's an asset/cap management move.

Like the Schneider deal (for which he was traded for the 9th overall pick not Horvat - this topic will bother me for a couple of decades), its a matter of allocating resources. No one player is a team.

It doesn't even need to be an overpayment. It's an asset/cap management move.

Like the Schneider deal (for which he was traded for the 9th overall pick not Horvat - this topic will bother me for a couple of decades), its a matter of allocating resources. No one player is a team.

Fair enough. I think someone may pay up to land Phaneuf TBH.

Wait, did you like the Schneider for 9th deal? If not, why?

Fair enough. I think someone may pay up to land Phaneuf TBH.

Wait, did you like the Schneider for 9th deal? If not, why?

I thought we should have gottten another asset. To me it smacked of a pressure deal.

But it bugs me that it is thought of as Horvat for Schneider. We traded it for the pick, the day before ( I assume because the Canucks list through 9 was considered good, it could have been anybody but I think they wee ecstatic with Bo being there). We were going to do the deal regardless because we were confident a player we wanted was there.

We traded him for the 9th hoping that a player we wanted would be there. Just so happens we got a future captain type.

I thought we should have gottten another asset. To me it smacked of a pressure deal.

But it bugs me that it is thought of as Horvat for Schneider. We traded it for the pick, the day before ( I assume because the Canucks list through 9 was considered good, it could have been anybody but I think they wee ecstatic with Bo being there).

We traded him for the 9th co hiding that a player we wanted wold be there. Just do happens we got a future captain type.

I do believe we could have gotten another asset, but the list of teams that needed a goalie was about 5 I'd say, and limiting it to the eastern conference I'd probably say 2 or 3, of those two or three teams, would we be getting a better asset than Bo? I doubt it, but I am a HUGE fan of Bo.

Sure, had we dealt him to Edmonton we could've gotten another prospect and a pick (lets assume Musil and a 2nd), do you think it's worth keeping him in the division for Musil and a 2nd? Personally I say no, I can understand if you think otherwise.

I do believe we could have gotten another asset, but the list of teams that needed a goalie was about 5 I'd say, and limiting it to the eastern conference I'd probably say 2 or 3, of those two or three teams, would we be getting a better asset than Bo? I doubt it, but I am a HUGE fan of Bo.

Sure, had we dealt him to Edmonton we could've gotten another prospect and a pick (lets assume Musil and a 2nd), do you think it's worth keeping him in the division for Musil and a 2nd? Personally I say no, I can understand if you think otherwise.

Man, I've been watching Musil a lot. He isn't what I would go for. MPS should have been the target but with the Perron deal it makes a whole lot more sense.

Man, I've been watching Musil a lot. He isn't what I would go for. MPS solid have been the target but with the Perron deal it makes a whe lot more sense.

Yeah I am not a big fan as well. If the deal was with a MPS or Klefbom I may reconsider, but I am still not sure it would be worth it to be honest... Regardless I am very happy with BOOOOO

But it bugs me that it is thought of as Horvat for Schneider. We traded it for the pick, the day before ( I assume because the Canucks list through 9 was considered good, it could have been anybody but I think they wee ecstatic with Bo being there). We were going to do the deal regardless because we were confident a player we wanted was there.

We traded him for the 9th hoping that a player we wanted would be there. Just so happens we got a future captain type.

To say it wasn't a pressure deal would be understating it. No matter what relief valve deal was finally made regarding both Lu and Cory, it would have been a pressure deal. I am happy with the way it worked out though, and it was a better option than trading Lu for much less due to the length of and dollars paid annually on his deal. Keeping in mind the deal was pre CBA, and I don't blame MG as much as some others do for the deal. It was what kept Lu here, and Lu was and is the first and only non 'graveyard' goalie we have had in franchise history. I added them up once and between Kirk and Lu there were 27 netminders, if memory serves me right. Glad to have had one solid guy for as long as have had so far, and I hope to see him get his head around being here for years more.

New Jersey Devils 2013 / 2014 Training Camp Roster

Forwards

Andersson, Joakim

Blueger, Theodor

Burakovsky, Andre

Camper, Carter

Crus Ryberg, Viktor

Ebbett, Andrew

Flanagan, Kyle

Fraser, Colin

Greening, Colin

Guptill, Alexander

Hagelin, Carl

Herbert, Caleb

Janmark-Nylen, Mattias

Kitsyn, Maxim

Kopitar, Anze

Kruger, Marcus

Kuhnhackl, Tom

Laich, Brooks

Lucic, Milan

Miller, J.T.

Nermark, Joachim

Nieves, Cristoval

Ovechkin, Alexander

Palmieri, Kyle

Persson, John

Peverley, Rich

Prokhorkin, Nikolai

Pulkkinen, Teemu

Ribeiro, Mike

Salomaki, Miikka

Soderberg, Carl

Wennberg, Alexander

Yogan, Andrew

Defensemen

Anderssen, Calle

Backman, Mattias

Carlson. John

Engelland, Deryk

Gostisbehere, Shayne

Grzelcyk, Matt

Gustafsson, Erik

Harrington, Scott

Hillen, Jack

Irwin, Matt

Kolomatis, David

Kronwall, Niklas

Krug, Torey

Kundratek, Tomas

Leddy, Nick

Marshall, Ben

Reinhart, Griffin

Sproul, Ryan

Theodore, Shea

Goaltenders

Grubauer, Philipp

Holtby, Braden

Kinkaid, Keith

Neuvirth, Michal

Soberg, Steffen

@C2X

any decisions on this coming season's hockey pool platform?

If it's open to voting I definitely want to try Fantrax or something equivalent with more options than Pickuphockey. Wallstreet has more insight on this.

I know it takes some time to manage or setup so I'm more than happy to volunteer if needed.

Just saw this post when going through the thread for updates I've missed.

Right now the odds are on using pickup for one more season. I've spoken to their group about adding a few features (i.e. hits, blocked shots, revised playoff format etc.) and they seemed receptive so we'll have to see. There's definitely room for improvement, which is what we are working towards.

Of the 4 I tested out last year, pickup was the one that seemed to work best with the parameters we currently have. Perhaps it's familiarity with pickup, I don't know. Of course I'd like to be able to add hits and blocked shots as well and don't really understand why pickup doesn't have that option. A few others were far too frustrating. Fantrax itself was a nightmare to set up and way more complicated than it needs to be.

Archived