The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

If I may think outside the box for a minute... Simon Gagne?

We need more of this.

I would like to know if any of Vancouver's younger players can come up for the brief time Burrows is out. I think these are situations where the team has a chance to let youth earn some experience albeit temporarily with the big club.

I would love an addition of Gagne or Hejduk. It's just i have no faith in MG to get that done.

Don't be too negative Matty O, 1 game in buddy :)

We've got 3 top-9 forwards and probably our first call-up in Burrows, Kassian, Schroeder and Jensen out right now.

Sad to see WSA go considering how much he improved the Wild but his cap problems should have been dealt with, tough. Best of luck WSA, you did an awesome job.

Right on OTTS , I am worried about my friend , he will not say much but I think he is very sick.

Thanks to Curt and the executive as well as all my fellow GM's for my time here as the GM of the Wild. I will miss being a part of this league and I am proud of what I accomplished as a GM here. You guys are great.

hope to see ya back here...whenever

take your time

the blues will miss one of their biggest opponents

all the best though

Don't be too negative Matty O, 1 game in buddy :)

We've got 3 top-9 forwards and probably our first call-up in Burrows, Kassian, Schroeder and Jensen out right now.

Which is exactly why with 3/4 of those out from the start why Shink didn't see a game. I love my Canucks, and I was just really hoping for the youth influence at least to start the year everyone said Torts was going to bring. But with Corrado, Gaunce, Shink and Horvat all not seeing one minute of regular season action (granted, that may be coming with Corrado, and Horvat just wasn't ready) I'm just not seeing what I thought I was going to see.

I think its generally ill advised to play teenagers in the NHL. Every team wants to think that their future star is the exception to the rule, but tonight Ron McLean said out loud that 21 players have now played as teenagers this year in the league, the highest EVER. THey can't all be the next one. I suspect 19 or 20 teams will regret rushing their kids.

Thanks to Curt and the executive as well as all my fellow GM's for my time here as the GM of the Wild. I will miss being a part of this league and I am proud of what I accomplished as a GM here. You guys are great.

You were a tough opponent, and I think you raised the calibre of your team. Take care and keep your stick on the ice.

tomorrow Morning, and every Sunday more or less, I will update the standings in each division, much like last season, but probably not so frequent. I am with Habitat for Humanity this year, and not just burning out my fuze out here alone...but i am still a rocketman! I will do at the least weekly updates, but probably every few days. Cheers

^ hehe....and right on que Raymond gets a goal tonight...Still, having him as a depth winger who may or may not play if we are all healthy and not suspended wouldn't happen, you have to admit that, he is good enogh to be on the starting roster of an NHL team...but he isn't elite enough to push our 'Nucks to a cup. That is all I ever was sayin about Mason Raymond.

^ hehe....and right on que Raymond gets a goal tonight...Still, having him as a depth winger who may or may not play if we are all healthy and not suspended wouldn't happen, you have to admit that, he is good enogh to be on the starting roster of an NHL team...but he isn't elite enough to push our 'Nucks to a cup. That is all I ever was sayin about Mason Raymond.

1. A goal and 2 powerplay assists, and the shootout winner. 4 points in 3 games so far.

2. Wrong. He'd be in the lineup, and be a key player right about now.

3. He's a support player, not a star player. That's like me ragging on Jannik Hansen for not scoring 40 goals a season.

1. A goal and 2 powerplay assists, and the shootout winner. 4 points in 3 games so far.

2. Wrong. He'd be in the lineup, and be a key player right about now.

3. He's a support player, not a star player. That's like me ragging on Jannik Hansen for not scoring 40 goals a season.

You mean you're not punching walls when Jannik Hansen doesn't score 40 :shock:

Signing: The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed Emil Morin to a three-year contract.

Emil Morin - Three-year deal worth $2.1 million dollars ($700,000 per season).

Arctic_Ice_logo_01.gif

Very happy to sign Emil Molin to an ELC with our team. We feel that he will be a very good NHL centre in the future. For now, he will need some seasoning in Europe. He will be our top Centre in our minor league system.

I haven't seen this much diving in one game from one player in a long time, Perron has fallen down like 20 times tonight :lol:

Also really liking Stanton so far, always makes the safe play and hasn't made any mistakes, could be a good fit to stick as our #6 this year :)

Archived