The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Alright thanks for the clarification.

And I know about Backstrom. Just feel more confident in Bryz right now.

LTIR Activation: Nashville activates Illya Bryzgalov from the IR and will be inserted in the lineup as a backup.

I think the point is keeping Backstrom on the IR when he's clearly healthy is quite damaging to your GM reputation

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The league has two items to address this afternoon. First, our respected colleague y0shi has contacted the league and requested a leave of absence from his post as General Manager of the Tampa Bay Lightning. While his passion for the game and his team has not diminished, he has some personal matters to attend to and has temporarily vacated his role as General Manager for the next few months. We expect y0shi to return sometime this season, at which point he will be allowed to re-assume his role as General Manager. It is our goal to assist y0shi with whatever we can in order to best help him address his situation, and this is the way we feel we can best do so.

In the interim, the league will look at bringing on an assistant General Manager on an interim basis, to work in conjunction with myself, to run the day to day operations of the hockey club and make roster moves, trades, etc. The interviewing process has already begun and we expect to have someone in place by the end of the week. This is an opportunity for this new General Manager to get their feet wet in our game and be in prime position to jump in should another position be vacated for whatever reason, and if y0shi's absence is longer than expected, Tampa Bay will already have a steward in place and should not be negatively impacted in the long term.

The second matter is to address the matter of the Philadelphia Flyers, who currently sit 27th overall and have yet to ice a complete lineup this season. Several weeks ago, the Flyers ownership brought up their concern to the General Manager and demanded that roster shortcomings and competitive apathy be addressed in a timely and aggressive manner. While the Flyers GM made a few token signings for the minor league club and shuffled a few players around, the changes have not equated to icing a complete roster or addressing ownership concerns regarding the club and the General Manager's desire to compete on a nightly basis, despite ownership giving them a longer than expected time frame to do so. As a result, Strombone1 has been dismissed as General Manager of the Philadelphia Flyers.

Philadelphia ownership will not accept 'tanking' as an acceptable strategy for the season and can no longer sit by and watch a roster that only a few years ago was in contention for a playoff spot be dismantled with little more than draft picks to show for it. Attendance has suffered and the fans are outraged, and rightfully so. Philadelphia's fans deserve better. The Flyers ownership group has announced that Azzy Mahmood has been named as the clubs new General Manager, with the hope that Azzy can turn things around and address the issues that the previous administration would not.

HIRING: The Philadelphia Flyers have hired Azzy Mahmood as their new General Manager.

Thanks OTTS. Great to be back after such a long absence. I guess I should thank Strombone for leaving me with at least a couple of usable pieces to build my side around...

Needless to say, Philadelphia are open to any offer that provides them with scoring, defense, goaltending or depth. I am willing to part with draft picks and take cap dumps.

Rumour: With both Evgeni Nabokov and Matt Greene ready to return from injuries (and will be activated tomorrow as I've neglected their health after a busy weekend, for which I apologize), the Habs have a glut of goalies and d-men right now.

Teams looking to bolster their depth should contact the Habs. Picks appear to be the currency to pry away a player.

HIRING: The Philadelphia Flyers have hired Azzy Mahmood as their new General Manager.

Welcome aboard Azzy Mahmood, looking forward to some fierce competition in the coming seasons. Speaking of coming seasons, perhaps in a few seasons you will be back with us Strombone1, as it seems a lot of folks have taken time away, rethought processes and rejoined our league over the years, I know I am not the only one, good luck to you outside the game and thanks for playing with us. Finally Yoshi, I hope that whatever has taken you from us will return you to us in good condition when you can come back. I trust that your team will be in good hands in the meantime. Speedy returns.

Archived