The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

anyone else feel just a little bad for nor_small.png Norway and aut_small.png Austria? Canada and Finland are likely going to decimate them.

Although I believe Austria will beat Norway hands down..and if they can play Finland to a draw? Who knows....But I am unsure of the format..I think the top of each of three divisions advances to a bye...and then the best of the rest gets the fourth bye...after that the remaining 8 play where the winners advance to play the bye'd teams.

small.png New Jersey Devils small.png

small.png Milan Lucic small.png Anze Kopitar small.png Alexander Ovechkin

small.png Jussi Jokinen small.png Mike Ribeiro small.png Carl Hagelin

small.png Matt Beleskey small.png Brooks Laich small.png Carl Soderberg

small.png Andrew Ebbett small.png Marcus Kruger small.png Kyle Pamieri

small.png Deryk Engelland

small.png Niklas Kronwall small.png John Carlson

small.png Torey Krug small.png Nick Leddy

small.png Matt Irwin small.png Erik Gustafsson

small.png Matt Bartkowski small.png Kevan Miller

small.png Braden Holtby

small.png Michal Neuvirth

c2x - did you have any further thoughts on your Olympic pool?

Yes, but looking to make it more than just a regular pool, there's a lot of those out there already. Will be adding some twists to it. Hopefully will have time to get it up today. Computer going down with all my files slowed things considerably. Should get it back next week but don't want to wait that long to launch it.

Just so everyone is aware, the new UFA/RFA re-signing rules are getting a bit of a tweak. I will adjust the CBA and post a revision notice when I get a chance, but in the meantime, here is the basic rundown of how it will work.

Feb.15th - Mar. 5th: Teams can have preliminary talks with 2 players of their choice. (Ballpark figures from both sides, no full discussions or negotiations)

Mar. 5th - End of season: Teams can begin full negotiations with 1 player, and hold preliminary discussions with an additional 2 players.

End of season - Free Agency: Teams may begin full negotiations with up to 6 players. Holding full negotiations does NOT mean the player will sign prior to free agency. (Qualifying offers for RFAs are allowed without limit but if the team wishes to hold full negotiations with them they do count against their 6 player limit.)

This adjustment is being made so that teams can get a feel for a few players contract expectations prior to the deadline and make more informed long term decisions for their clubs for deadline day.

Expect a number of pending free agents (both UFA and RFA) to begin hiring specific agents shortly.

Just so everyone is aware, the new UFA/RFA re-signing rules are getting a bit of a tweak. I will adjust the CBA and post a revision notice when I get a chance, but in the meantime, here is the basic rundown of how it will work.

Feb.15th - Mar. 5th: Teams can have preliminary talks with 2 players of their choice. (Ballpark figures from both sides, no full discussions or negotiations)

Mar. 5th - End of season: Teams can begin full negotiations with 1 player, and hold preliminary discussions with an additional 2 players.

End of season - Free Agency: Teams may begin full negotiations with up to 6 players. Holding full negotiations does NOT mean the player will sign prior to free agency. (Qualifying offers for RFAs are allowed without limit but if the team wishes to hold full negotiations with them they do count against their 6 player limit.)

This adjustment is being made so that teams can get a feel for a few players contract expectations prior to the deadline and make more informed long term decisions for their clubs for deadline day.

Expect a number of pending free agents (both UFA and RFA) to begin hiring specific agents shortly.

tough stuff :lol:

Archived