The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Quick Prospect Update:

-Mikhail Grigorenko opened up his 3rd season with the Remparts with a 3 pt night... truly a player in NHL-CHL limbo and a victim of the NHL-CHL limbo. If the CHL can create an "exceptional status" category for kids... why can't there be a rule for the AHL as well?

- Chris Tierney, now a 4th year junior on the London Knights, well over a PPG and surpassing a career high in points already, was named captain of the London Knights last week

- Madison Bowey is also developing nicely offensively, also surpassing his career bests as a 4th year player

- On the horrid Kitchener Rangers, Lightning Prospects Bailey, Iafrate, and Marcantuoni are pretty much where we expected at this point in their careers, we are seeing progress in all 3 which is good... just don't look at their +/- stats!

c2x - did you have any further thoughts on your Olympic pool?

Yes, but looking to make it more than just a regular pool, there's a lot of those out there already. Will be adding some twists to it. Hopefully will have time to get it up today. Computer going down with all my files slowed things considerably. Should get it back next week but don't want to wait that long to launch it.

All interested GMs, PM me if you're interested in joining. Will be starting this up likely tonight, but there may only be 4-5 teams, so if you want in, let me know, you guys will get first priority. And yes, you can team up with someone for 1 entry if you'd like.

The Blackhawks are very happy with our teams performance this month , 5th in points scored so far. Our D corp which had been not producing at the level we had hoped they would have stepped up their game , getting Anton back from injury has been a boost for us between the pipes and our top line which has been outstanding all year continues to keep putting up points.

We hope that this continues through to the olympic break.

LTIR: The Nashville Predators place Zac Rinaldo on injured reserve retroactive to January 23rd.

LTIR: The Nashville Predators place Mike Santorelli on injured reserve retroactive to January 23rd.

LTIR: The Chicago Blackhawks place Derek Dorsett on injured reserve retroactive to January 23rd.

LTIR: The Ottawa Senators place Matt Greene on injured reserve retroactive to January 23rd.

A solid-ish night of 54 I think, thanks to:

Ondrej Pavelec 20pts

Desharnais 2

Erat 12

Lapierre 3pts (but should be 5pts as he got a too many men on the ice penalty that for some reason hasn't made the NHL.com boxscore...)

Ruutu 4

Liles 2

McDonald 7

Holden 2

Benn 2

With Tanner Pearson, Anders Lindback, Brian Gibbons, Jean-Phillipe Cote and Zach Redmond scratched, while Chris Vandevelde and Travis Moen with yet more blanks...

A solid-ish night of 54 I think, thanks to:

Ondrej Pavelec 20pts

Desharnais 2

Erat 12

Lapierre 3pts (but should be 5pts as he got a too many men on the ice penalty that for some reason hasn't made the NHL.com boxscore...)

Ruutu 4

Liles 2

McDonald 7

Holden 2

Benn 2

With Tanner Pearson, Anders Lindback, Brian Gibbons, Jean-Phillipe Cote and Zach Redmond scratched, while Chris Vandevelde and Travis Moen with yet more blanks...

C2X - last night's Canes-Sens game wasn't on the pickup system (was this the re-arranged game?) so several people will be missing those points (including me).

Cheers :)

C2X - last night's Canes-Sens game wasn't on the pickup system (was this the re-arranged game?) so several people will be missing those points (including me).

Cheers :)

Oh thanks for the Info. Missing 14 points from Gryba . With those points 67 points Last night and with a total of 225 points 2nd overall the past week if i'm Correct.

oh sweet, Sekera got at least 14 points I think maybe more in that Canes/Sens game....anywho, updated standings coming in a moment do NOT include the missing points from last night..hope everyone enjoyed the California prelude to Sundevil Stadium's outdoor game in Phoenix, lol. (I assume that will be Bettman's crowning glory of an out door game and it will be in the next couple years at most)

Interesting tidbits in the standings: the Pacific Division seems to be in complete control of the Wild Cards out west with the top 3 teams running for wild card slots currently being Pac Div squads. Tampa Bay, Toronto, Winnipeg and St Louis have had a great month relative to their standings position while the Islanders, Canucks, Sabres, Rangers and Devils are in a bit of a funk, relative to their rankings. My take on things is that it is an Olympic Speed Wobble. Players bound for glory are taking it easy, while players that used to live in the shadow of Olympians may be breaking out into their own success stories. I might not be exactly on track, but its a theory. The Wild, Kings, Bruins, Sharks, Sens and of course Florida continue to prove why they are where they are in the rankings. Have a great week ahead everyone and enjoy today's Stadium Series matchup featuring my New York Ranger's and our closest adversary the terrible New Jersey Bridge and Tunnel Trolls, errr Devils.

standingsEastern.png

ATLANTIC

1small.png Florida Panthers 3715

2small.png Ottawa Senators 3552

3small.png Boston Bruins 3500

METROPOLITAN

1small.png New Jersey Devils 3279

2small.png Washington Capitals 3177

3small.png New York Rangers 3114

WILD CARD

1small.png Buffalo Sabres 3271

2small.png Pittsburgh Penguins 3089

3small.png Carolina Hurricanes 2863

4small.png New York Islanders 2863

5small.png Detroit Redwings 2808

6small.png Tampa Bay Lightning 2769

7small.png Toronto Maple Leafs 2691

8small.png Montreal Canadiens 2654

9small.png Philadelphia Flyers 2347

standingsWestern.png

CENTRAL

1small.png Minnesota Wild 3340

2small.png Winnipeg Jets 3089

3small.png Chicago Blackhawks 2904

PACIFIC

1small.png Los Angeles Kings 3525

2small.png San Jose Sharks 3273

3small.png Phoenix Coyotes 3055

WILD CARD

1small.png Edmonton Oilers 2993

2small.png Vancouver Canucks 2952

3small.png Anaheim Ducks 2754

4small.png Colorado Avalanche 2704

5small.png Nashville Predators 2670

6small.png St Louis Blues 2614

7small.png Calgary Flames 2368

8small.png Dallas Stars 2231

9small.png Columbus Blue Jackets 2045

The Wild have dominated January, second in points only to the LA Kings.

Man I love this team. At this point I am considering acquiring a rental potentially, am open to talking about any position.

Archived