The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

never call someone dead if he isn´t :lol:

i ll cheer for TM the last 2 Weeks ...he should have chance to defend his Cup :)

I am cheering for him as well.. I want some revenge on the guy that took me out last year :)

Be careful what you wish for….

Not wishing for crap all. Screw the easy road I want the champ.

edit.. not like anything is easy in the east :lol: just want a chance to take "the man" down on my way :bigblush:

If anything, this league has made me appreciate other teams in the league, so the playoffs without the Canucks, assuming they don't make it, won't be too terrible.

I have always been a hockey fan watched parts of many games on gamecenter , fantasy hockey has really accentuated this , i feel like i have a stake in many games.

Glad to hear you had a ball going to see the Canucks , can still vividly remember the game I went to in 98.

Being a Leafs fan in the dark ages meant I was more of a fan of the sport than anything else. Hopped on the Canucks bandwagon because they're my local team and felt like a good choice for second.

Its a shame my kind aren't much appreciated around here. People have difficulty seperating the media from the team.

Being a Leafs fan in the dark ages meant I was more of a fan of the sport than anything else. Hopped on the Canucks bandwagon because they're my local team and felt like a good choice for second.

Its a shame my kind aren't much appreciated around here. People have difficulty seperating the media from the team.

I don't like the leafs players, media or management so :)

What a fun few weeks it has been.

I can only speak for myself in this regard...

I grew up with my father as a Leafs fan. I am well practised at defending the Canucks from ridicule and derision from the Leaf perspective, and I have always taken joy from their failures because of it. I have been doing it for so long that I know no other way.

However, I am a hockey fan first and foremost. I will always give the players and management credit when they are doing well. I went to university in Ontario and have many, many Leaf fans as close friends. I don't judge them differently on this matter. We talk hockey, they throw their barbs, I throw mine, and we can sit down and enjoy a back-to-back HNIC. I don't take pleasure in their misery when their team fails but I don't sugar-coat it either like many Leaf fans are used to being done on their behalf by the Canadian media. They are partly responsible for creating a 'bubble' around the team that is not healthy and creates a non-wholisitic understanding. You may not recognize how different this makes your understanding of your team compared to the vast majority in Ontario.

With regards to Maple Leaf coverage in the media, it is disgusting and always has been, I'm old enough to remember when the eastern media would never even acknowledge that Vancouver had a team. Before Bure, the NHL ended at the Rockies. It's slightly better now but it's still a problem. The ignorance of the West, including the WHL, is palpable. Demographics only explain a portion of that.

On CDC I think I am always fair….ish. I'm not a Leaf supporter, and couldn't be before the ECF at the earliest but I'm happy to have Leaf fans here. I also think it is fair to remind them occasionally whose house they are in though.

PS… The Dark Ages for the Leafs? I'm not sure what you mean by that. That's been going on since Howard Ballard, the man synonymous with that concept, and I think you were lucky enough to not have experienced that.

same here ...once i hated the flyers for an example ...now i´m cheering for them every game ...thanks mr. mason and mr. raffl lol

further the flyers are not that dirty team from 3 or 4 years ago

there are still some teams that i stil lcant cheer for ...the Rangers (sorry PO) ,the Flames , the Bruins and the Redwings

No offense taken. I try not to mention the 90's in any of my Fantasty Rangers dealings, but since you brought it up, we are really really really really sorry for both the Stanley Cup finals and also the Messier thing.

Oh what I wouldn't do for a faster connection...

Bought a game on Steam this afternoon, around 12:00pm. It's been downloading ever since, so about 10 hours in. Apparently there's another 8 hours to go. Good grief.

Goat Simulator?

Bought a game on Steam this afternoon, around 12:00pm. It's been downloading ever since, so about 10 hours in. Apparently there's another 8 hours to go. Good grief.

I like steam but my last game download wasn't that fast either...hrm

Europa Universalis was it..played it a few weeks and moved on, but cheap enough!

And all the 'buy a gaming PC over an XB1' purists keep telling me that Steam is awesome :lol:

What's Goat Simulator anyway? It can't be what it sounds like, can it?

buy what you like, but I will take a PC any day! I have had every consol up to and including the 360/PS4/ahhh the nintendo one we gave away to my sister in laws kid...can't recall the name...the one with the numchuck controllers...in the end we only ever used the xbox and the nintendo one to load dvd's onto our living room and bedroom tv's...and then streaming came along and ended the need for the consols. I really dig the power and diversity of my PC, and have had one since the ..yikes i guess the early 80s. My first was a VIC 20...lol

edit: THis guy played PONG in the 70's...hahaha....

With a dirty dozen nights to go, and 6 or 7 games left....Calling FLorida and L.A. as having clinched Division and Conference, in the east and west respectively. new Jersey has clinched their Division also, but in the central, we can not call it yet, with The Jets chasing the Wild hard and only 111 points of separation!!

standingsEastern.png

ATLANTIC

1small.png Florida Panthers 5324 Z

2small.png Ottawa Senators 4939 X

3small.png Boston Bruins 4807 X

METROPOLITAN

1small.png New Jersey Devils 5046 Y

2small.png New York Rangers 4703 X

3small.png Washington Capitals 4511

WILD CARD

1small.png Buffalo Sabres 4671 X

2small.png Carolina Hurricanes 4378

3small.png Pittsburgh Penguins 4359

4small.png New York Islanders 4279

5small.png Detroit Redwings 4176

6small.png Tampa Bay Lightning 4005

7small.png Toronto Maple Leafs 3975

8small.png Montreal Canadiens 3871

9small.png Philadelphia Flyers 3550

standingsWestern.png

CENTRAL

1small.png Minnesota Wild 4757 X

2small.png Winnipeg Jets 4546 X

3small.png Chicago Blackhawks 4145

PACIFIC

1small.png Los Angeles Kings 5226 Z

2small.png San Jose Sharks 4650 X

3small.png Phoenix Coyotes 4612 X

WILD CARD

1small.png Vancouver Canucks 4510 X

2small.png Edmonton Oilers 4217

3small.png Anaheim Ducks 3888

4small.png Colorado Avalanche 3823

5small.png Nashville Predators 3740

6small.png St Louis Blues 3712

7small.png Calgary Flames 3203

8small.png Dallas Stars 3165

9small.png Columbus Blue Jackets 2948

X = clinched play-off berth

y = clinched Division

Z = clinched Conference

Is it not a little hasty to claim a conference winner with 7/8 games to go, in the east especially.

LA are about 500 points better off than the next best team in their conference so that's probably a safe bet.

Florida are less than 300 ahead of NJ though, can we comfortably rule them out yet? :P

I can only speak for myself in this regard...

I grew up with my father as a Leafs fan. I am well practised at defending the Canucks from ridicule and derision from the Leaf perspective, and I have always taken joy from their failures because of it. I have been doing it for so long that I know no other way.

However, I am a hockey fan first and foremost. I will always give the players and management credit when they are doing well. I went to university in Ontario and have many, many Leaf fans as close friends. I don't judge them differently on this matter. We talk hockey, they throw their barbs, I throw mine, and we can sit down and enjoy a back-to-back HNIC. I don't take pleasure in their misery when their team fails but I don't sugar-coat it either like many Leaf fans are used to being done on their behalf by the Canadian media. They are partly responsible for creating a 'bubble' around the team that is not healthy and creates a non-wholisitic understanding. You may not recognize how different this makes your understanding of your team compared to the vast majority in Ontario.

With regards to Maple Leaf coverage in the media, it is disgusting and always has been, I'm old enough to remember when the eastern media would never even acknowledge that Vancouver had a team. Before Bure, the NHL ended at the Rockies. It's slightly better now but it's still a problem. The ignorance of the West, including the WHL, is palpable. Demographics only explain a portion of that.

On CDC I think I am always fair….ish. I'm not a Leaf supporter, and couldn't be before the ECF at the earliest but I'm happy to have Leaf fans here. I also think it is fair to remind them occasionally whose house they are in though.

PS… The Dark Ages for the Leafs? I'm not sure what you mean by that. That's been going on since Howard Ballard, the man synonymous with that concept, and I think you were lucky enough to not have experienced that.

In most major sporting leagues there is a team that has the most/ passionate supporters , and it seems everyone else hates them , Collingwood is that team here in Aus in the AFL , Manchester United in the EPL and it seems Toronto is that team in Canada.

What disturbs me somewhat is the lack of respect a lot of NHL players have for each other and this permeates down through to the fan bases.

Now I know this is a very physical sport where players have a lot of contact , so is AFL and these guys have a genuine respect for each other , at the end of a game they mingle, shake hands and have a chat.

Archived