The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Coaches don't have a union protecting them, players do.

Plain and simple.

If the largest fine was $10,000 for Lucic, and that wasn't sufficient, then he should have been suspended.

That was clear intent to injure from a repeat offender.

If you want to hurt a player…. make him sit. Q's fine was appropriate IMO. It's not a question of NHLPA, it's a question of Player Safety acting appropriately.

Edit: And now Seabrook has a phone hearing so < 5 games.

Even though I don't have any players who will benefit, I need Pittsburgh to take out Columbus in 5 if I want a shot. Sucks I'd be winning every other West battle!

Your sitting in a good position, seeing as your playing the best in the west from the regular season! A few series could end early, changing the landscape for the last half of this round dramatically!

Signing: The New York Rangers have signed D Alexei Emelin to a 4 year $17.2m deal (averaging $4.3m per year) including a full NTC in year 1 and a partial NTC in years 2, 3 and 4 (Alexei will list 10 teams he will not accept a trade to)

Your sitting in a good position, seeing as your playing the best in the west from the regular season! A few series could end early, changing the landscape for the last half of this round dramatically!

Yeah, like I said, if I can get Varly to get a shutout (or two!) and Krejci + Marleau to put some points on the board, along with a quick end to Pitts - Columbus, I think I've got a real shot at this!

Signing: The New York Rangers have signed D Alexei Emelin to a 4 year $17.2m deal (averaging $4.3m per year) including a full NTC in year 1 and a partial NTC in years 2, 3 and 4 (Alexei will list 10 teams he will not accept a trade to)

While we do not want to be a distraction during the playoffs, some important signings are coming up, and this one is important indeed. Knowing we have a guy like Alexei on the roster for the next four years will take some of the sting out of expected retirements over the next couple years. We managed to acquire Alexei Emelin in late december and are very happy to announce this deal. We have seen already just what he brings to the back end, and are looking forward to an extended viewing as these playoffs progress.

Archived