The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

fistbumb_gif.gif

^hahahaa
Four points from Kevin Klein while Chris Porter gets blanked! Early morning help, but tonight my two guys, Sceviour and Winnik face a fearsome foursome from Washington in Lehtonen/Gonchar and Cogliano/Silfverberg.
If my guys can hold up to the strength of two men, and the game goes to the Ducks, I just might escape this round!

Don't know if any of you have seen this. The Blues recent play off results:

2013 Round 1 Blues vs. Kings (defending Stanley Cup champions)

• Game 1: Steen scored game-winning goal in OT.

• Game 2: Jackman scored game-winning goal.

• Game 3: Blues outshot Kings by nine, get shut out.

• Game 4. Blues blew 3-2 lead late in third period, lost 4-3.

• Game 5: Pietrangelo scored game-tying goal (his first of the playoffs, assisted by Schwartz), Blues lost 3-2 in OT.

• Game 6: Scored 1 goal, lost 4th straight, eliminated from playoffs

2014 Round 1 Blues vs. Blackhawks (defending Stanley Cup champions)

• Game 1: Steen scored game-winning goal in OT.

• Game 2: Jackman scored game-winning goal.

• Game 3: Blues outshot Blackhawks by nine, get shut out.

• Game 4: Blues blew 3-2 lead late in third period, lost 4-3.

• Game 5: Pietrangelo scored game-tying goal (his first of the playoffs, assisted by Schwartz), Blues lost 3-2 in OT.

• Game 6: Scored 1 goal, lost 4th straight, eliminated from playoffs

Updated this for you.

Dammit St. Louis... :picard:

My recollection goes something like this....

Leading up to draft day greens was concerned that 10th would be too high to take Tarasenko, as most 'lists' had him a bit lower, but he's still sitting on the board. It comes to his pick and greens still isn't sure who he is going to take.

Me: "I don't know, TL told you take Tarasenko."

Greens: "It might be too early pick him. Russian factor." Nervously pacing around.

Me: "If he turns into a star and you don't take Trevor Linden's advice how stupid are you going to feel? How would you forgive yourself?"

Greens: "I'm taking him!" Lunges at keyboard.

Looking back at the order, it seems like it was a good pick.

But no more free advice from him, I think. He's not a 'citizen' anymore. His opinions aren't free game for garden folk.

O yeah.... It's like Christmas for me. Biggest single day of the hockey pool year.

That's why I always like to have a bunch of presents under the tree.

I've usually had quite a bit of Yule cheer by the 3rd round too so my picks start to become a little more erratic. Having it right on the summer solstice this year is extra cool.

:lol: Awesome story!

I love draft day, it's a ton of work on my end but it's still a blast. I can't wait! Still almost 2 months away... blah...

it appears washington and i are tied on the night, with the big goalie question going into overtime...will the ducks prevail? will the Caps go ahead in the series as the real life Stars live to fight another day? I won't know for an hour, as my wife has called a Game Of Thrones time out! ARRRRRGH

it appears washington and i are tied on the night, with the big goalie question going into overtime...will the ducks prevail? will the Caps go ahead in the series as the real life Stars live to fight another day? I won't know for an hour, as my wife has called a Game Of Thrones time out! ARRRRRGH

Confession: I have never seen Game of Thrones.

I know! I only have 11 players but everyone is playing amazing!!

Looks like you're going to finish 2nd overall but probably not advance, jesus.

Edit: With Rakell's PPA the Panthers hit 400 playoff points! :emot-parrot:

If my math is right, Moose is one point behind you.

the spoiler actually contains game of thrones spoilers: so fair warning. But first: the Stars are out and Kari Lehtonen is done gaining points for da.moose...too late perhaps? Could be...but at least now I have a chance!!

Tonights episode was very tame...only 9 boobs were aired, however the kindly grandmother of the future queen confides in her granddaughter that she was never meant to wed the grandfather, but that she snuck into his chamber and f)(*$ed his brains out so hard he couldn't walk up to her sister and propose as planned the next day. Hey, I put it in a spoiler...so don't complain...haha....the grand daughter surely sneaks into the future kings chambers but unlike the book, she teases him and chats a bit...in the book they go at it like minks...unfortunately in the show, the future king is nine, so they couldn't, and so we were deprived of boobs ten and eleven. ok, spoilers over

You should correct that immediately or sooner.

Agreed.

I haven't read the books but have watched every episode.

If anyone ever wants good tv show suggestions.... Fire away.

I could name 5-10 shows that you should watch that you probably aren't.

Agreed.

I haven't read the books but have watched every episode.

If anyone ever wants good tv show suggestions.... Fire away.

I could name 5-10 shows that you should watch that you probably aren't.

Name them.. looking for something new to watch... whether GOT or something else..

Archived