The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Can you place a player on waivers if they have a NMC?

For compliance I believe so. Briere was bought out IRL and just now by SJ as well.. could be wrong though.

If I recall.. NMC just prevents being assigned somewhere. Compliance buyout overrides that.

I was gonna chime in that in 'real hockey' teams can waive a player on say Wednesday and have him play thursday night without ever leaving the team charter. Teams do it a lot to cover 'plan b' when there are changes afoot that would have them overlimit on players should a pending deal go through...and so the most expendable guy sits on waivers for a day while still with the team. No reason why a NMC would change that ability, specifically to buyout too.

...and so ends UFA madness for the Boston Bruins.

Boston Bruins 2014 offseason roster:

Sedin - Sedin - Tarasenko

Schwartz - Stepan - Bonino

Perreault - Sutter - Hansen

Heatley - _______ - King

Chiasson

Shattenkirk - Visnovsky

Boychuk - Bieksa

Marincin - _______

_______

Ward

Lehner

Leaving the team are:

Troy Brouwer

Joel Ward

Jordan Leopold

Clayton Stoner

David Schlemko

None of these players have indicated that they seek free agency, we have not negotiated with any of them.

Negotiation rights available for each, drop a PM to head offices.

Awaiting confirmation however the Rangers believe we have locked up four of our draftees just days if not hours before the deadline. Some midnight oil is burning in the MSG offices hallways this week as the Rangers look to stabalize the team roster heading into the summer draft.

SIGNING: The Montreal Canadiens have re-signed goaltender Henrik Lundqvist to a seven year deal.

Henrik Lundqvist: 7 years, $ 63.0 million dollar contract ( $ 9,000,000.00 per season ).

* the deal includes a full no-movement-clause for the duration of the contract.

SIGNING: The Chicago Blackhawks have re-signed forward Ben Smith to a two year deal.

Ben Smith: 2 years, $ 2.5 million dollar contract ( $ 1,250,000.00 per season ).

We are very happy to have Ben resigned , he epitomises the depth player a team needs to win a cup.

A big thanks to agent Mike

SIGNING: The Montreal Canadiens have re-signed goaltender Henrik Lundqvist to a seven year deal.

Henrik Lundqvist: 7 years, $ 63.0 million dollar contract ( $ 9,000,000.00 per season ).

Holy sh.... :blink: :blink:

A Handsome Signing: The Montreal Canadiens are INCREDIBLY PLEASED to have inked "King" Henrik to a 7-year deal to stay with the Habs. After being acquired at last seasons' trade deadline, he played lights out for us and showed us what an elite goalie can do to a teams morale and overall team results. Other moves were made during the past year to lessen the amount of pending UFA's that Montreal had so that we could focus all of our attention and effort on convincing Henrik. We're very pleased that the strategy paid off.

With Lundqvist in net for the long-term, we believe that the Habs are on the precipice of breaking through in the Eastern Conference. We're incredibly happy that Henrik believes the same.

Holy sh.... :blink: :blink:

Ha ha. To be fair, it's not that far off from the deal he signed IRL. Kicking in some more cash to help convince him to forego testing the market this summer seemed like a no-brainer to me as I couldn't do much more to improve on the term or NMC. After that, it came down to the player believing in the fit, I suppose. I'm just glad that it appears he did. :)

the player is delusional if he believes in the fit......there is no way he can fit that much money into his wallet.... :bigblush:

Great player, and locking him up long term is good. I guess it is like I said when Luongo's deal was first announced: the cap will go up and up and up....meaning the % of the cap spent on the guy is going down and down and down So if your prepared to spend that much for the first couple years..after that it is easy as pie.

I think I just Rasked in my pants.

Archived