The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

MSG NEWS 2013

Free Agency Edition:

One year ago Jarome Iginla was mid vacation after a year where he scored 32 goals. 32. Most players target 32 points in a season as a sign of success in the GML, and here we have a top flght guy who scored 32 goals in the year before the lockout. Even more current, Jarome just finished putting up 12 points in 15 playoff games. It is not only an honour to have him in New York, we are thrilled to have had the room both on the roster and under the cap to lock up Jarome long term. There is a lot of hockey to go in his career, and with full diligence we managed to add him to an already terrific lineup in the worst cap year in a long time. There is momentum in the Big Apple, and we are going to roll with it right through to the playoffs in 2014. Clearly Mr. Iginla will join Joe Thornton and Thomas Vanek on the top line, and we will see if he can continue to earn his icetime, in keeping with team policy.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

CDCGML New York Rangers

FORWARDS

Thomas Vanek ($7.143m) / Joe Thornton ($7.200m) / Jarome Iginla ($7.500m)

Ryan Malone ($4.500m) / Matt Stajan ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($4.000m)

Marcus Foligno ($1.534m) / Mikael Backlund ($1.900m) / Adam Cracknell ($0.825m)

Jeremy Welsh ($0.900m) / Shawn Matthias ($1.250m) / Devante S.-Pelly ($0.800m)

Chris Brown ($0.900m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Sheldon Souray ($3.500m) / Sami Salo ($3.750m)

Jake Muzzin ($1.950m) / Kevin Klein ($1.750m)

Mark Stuart ($1.860m) / Philip Larsen ($1.000m)

Connor Murphy ($1.150m) / Bobby Bortuzzo ($0.625m)

GOALTENDERS

Mike Smith ($4.600m)

Chad Johnson ($0.725m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,362,000;

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,938,000

Signing: The Minnesota Wild have signed Corey Perry to an eight-year contract.

Corey Perry - Eight-year deal worth $76 million dollars ($9.5 million per season).

*** Deal includes a full-NTC throughout the entire deal ***

Arctic_Ice_logo_01.gif

Minnesota is thrilled to be able to bring Corey Perry back to the team. We also want to thank arby and Arctic Ice for making a complex negotiation much easier to navigate due to his professionalism and willingness to consider all options on the table.

We told our fans that we would do what it takes to take the next step and continue to move up the ranks in the Western Conference and we feel we took a strong step towards that today. We knew Corey's intention was to test the market as is his right as a UFA but we made a bold statement to his camp heading into free agency - namely that we would not be beaten on term or price. After seeing how Corey fit on our top line after the trade deadline last season, we knew he would be an integral piece for us to hold onto.

Corey is an elite level talent in the CDC league for his combination of clutch goal scoring, steady point production, and toughness (through PIMS). He is a huge part of the future in Minnesota.

With the cost of free agents skyrocketing in the second season after the lockout, we looked at comparable contracts around the league and also ones being handed out this year and feel comfortable that over the term this represents fair value for our team.

We look forward to the upcoming season.

St.Louis Blues Team Report

While the Blues are still working on their Forward Section, we could say that we are done at the Defence.

With some moves we cleared some Capspace and we got more Depth for the Next Season.

Even the Bouwmeester Deal seems to be a little bit odd at the 1st look..we cleared some Space

for Josh Gorges and Nick Schultz. We are sure that both Players will help us alot next Season and also Henrik Tallinder could move up again. John Erskine and Andrej Sekera completes the current Top 6 Squad. While Gorges will play with Christian Ehrhoff the other Defenders will have a hard competition for the 2nd 3rd and extra Pairing during the Season. The Veterans should keep an eye on the Rookies Dalton Prout and Eric Gryba . Both had a really solid 1st NHL Year and Dalton is a Guy who could crack the Top 4 this Season. Further there are some other Defence Prospects who are knocking on the Door. Eric Gelinas, Mark Borowiecki , Matt Konan and also Konrad Abeltshauser are having good chances to get some NHL Icetime in 2013/14.

DEFENCE SQUAD CHANGES 2013

Moved

Andre Benoit , Filip Kuba , Jay Bouwmeester , Andy Greene , Nate Prosser

Acquired

Josh Gorges (Trade FLA) ,Nick Schultz(Waivers Claim) , John Erskine (Trade NYI) , Henrik Tallinder (Trade COL), Eric Gelinas (Trade WPG)

Matt Konan (Trade NJD), Gleason Fournier (Trade NJD)

2012/13 Stats TOP 8 (Salary) (GP-G-A-PTS-PIM- +/-)

Josh Gorges (4,100M) (48-2-7-9-15- +4)

Christian Ehrhoff (5,000M) (47-5-17-22-34- +6)

Nick Schultz (3,500M) (48-1-8-9-24- -13)

Andrej Sekera (2,000M) (37-2-10-12-4- -2)

John Erskine (2,500M) (30-3-3-6-34- +10)

Henrik Tallinder (2,250M) (25-1-3-4-10- +0)

Dalton Prout (0,700M) (28-1-6-7-25- +15)

Eric Gryba (0,725M) (33-2-4-6-26- -3)

Total Defence Salary $20,775M

Defence Prospects: Mark Borowiecki , Eric Gelinas , Matt Konan , Joonas Jarvinen , Gleason Fournier , Konrad Abeltshauser , Joey Laleggia

Unsigned: Brady Skjei

Minnesota Wild Updated Roster

Milan Michalek-Nicklas Backstrom-Corey Perry

Curtis Glencross-Travis Zajac-Jeff Carter

Devin Setoguchi-Frans Nielsen-Andrew Shaw

Dan Paille-Mikael Granlund-Bobby Butler

Matt Kassian, Jack Skille

Keith Ballard-Andre Markov

Jordan Leopold-Andrew MacDonald

Thomas Hickey-Justin Braun

Ian Cole

Martin Brodeur

Martin Jones

Matt Puempel-Alex Khohklachev-Rickard Rakell

Taylor Beck-Max Sauve-Jimmy Hayes

Matt Fraser-Mark McNeill-J.T. Brown

Paul Byron-Pat Maroon-Jesper Fast

Alexander Ruuttu, Steve Pinizzotto

Ryan Murray-Alex Urbom

Brandon Gormley-Hampus Lindholm

Steve Kampfer-Ryan Button

David Warsofsky

Jake Allen

Unsigned Prospects:

D Damon Severson

F Laurent Dauphin

Minnesota is still working to make roster moves and with some young guys ready to challenge for roster spots some veteran players could be available on the trade front.

GM wallstreetamigo was clear in his presser this morning: "The work is not yet done in Minny but I am thrilled with our level of organizational depth at all positions. Some tough choices will need to be made for this coming season and I know that has to be exciting for our fans. It makes my job harder but that is what I find the most fun about this job."

SIGNING: The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed unrestricted free agent forward Linus Omark to a one year deal.

Linus Omark: 1 year, $ 1,000,000.00 per season.

v-logo.jpg

We are very pleased of to acquire a player of Linus' calibre at his age via free agency. In adding to our team of Youtube sensations, Linus fits right in.

In all seriousness though, we are very pleased with Linus' development overseas and are glad to have him on our side. In fact, we are even considering setting up a permanent scout for the Swiss league in Zug. For now, we will have him as our 13th forward.

NHL Roster:

Moulson - Tavares - Okposo

Stalberg - ????? - Brunner

Grigorenko - Hertl - ????

Desjardins - Sheppard - Morin

Omark - ???? - Havlat (Will start season on IR)

SIGNING: The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed unrestricted free agent defenseman Conor Allen to a three year deal.

Conor Allen: 3 years, $ 3.3 million dollar contract ( $ 1,100,000.00 per season ).

* 900k per season base salary, 300k signing bonus upfront, 100k per season bonus annually.

v-logo.jpg

Thanks to a misclick just now i saw my own profile....and i have had 5,888 profile views!!!! wow. I should really overhaul the profile to make it worth peoples time...lmao.

So I just was reading down the top 200 TSN rating players from last year, and wow, the Rangers have 8 of them! 4%, roughly. Nice to know we are 30% above the average! How many have you guys got, out of curiosity?

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=10467

Dallas has 8 as well. #2, #12.....then no more till #150. Funny I only figured I have 19.999% above the average... :P

yup rounding twice does that .lol

EDIT: i mean to me. i rounded to 4%, assumed the average was 3% and then figured i had 30% more..but you knew that or you wouldn't have commented on it. LMAO...sigh i find the stupidest things funny.

Archived