The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

the blues wants to welcome josh to our organisation ....more about him in the next days

Great signing man, good numbers in college.

Thanks! Next week will be on Torts.

very well written, nice job!

SIGNING: The Florida Panthers have signed unrestricted free agent forward Sean Kuraly to a three year deal.

Sean Kuraly: 3 years, $ 2.1 million dollar contract ( $ 700,000.00 per season ).

v-logo.jpg

Very happy to have come to terms with Sean on a contract, he had a great showing with the USA at the WJC's last year and has shown he can be very effective at both ends of the ice, welcome Sean!

Some great writeups on NHL.com about some Panthers prospects...

#1 Ranked Kings Prospect. Tyler Toffoli, RW: Toffoli is the most NHL-ready of all of Los Angeles' prospects. He showed his offensive upside in the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs with six points in 12 games. He also had five points in 10 regular-season games. In addition, Toffoli led the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League with 28 goals in 58 games.

Lombardi said Toffoli could switch positions, and he would be eager to do it if it means playing left wing on a line with Richards and Carter. However, if he makes the team out of training camp, don't be surprised if he starts further down in the lineup and works his way up.

"I always heard the story of Ron Caron talking about Doug Gilmour, how he broke in as a checking forward and lo and behold he became a star in the League, a complete player," Lombardi told NHL.com. "That's the way in an ideal world that you would break in your young players."

#4 Ranked Kings Prospect. Andy Andreoff, C: Andreoff seems like a future third- or fourth-liner. He's known as an agitating, aggressive, two-way forward who can produce some offense (26 points in 68 games for Manchester last season) while getting in the face of opponents and generally being hard to play against. He led the Monarchs with 111 penalty minutes. Lombardi called him "old-school tough."

"He's a strong bull and he's got captain material," Lombardi said. "When you talk about these kids learning to play in their own end, this guy gets it. He stops plays. He's the type of guy down the road that I think will be your consummate playoff-type player. His skating needs to improve, but he's got all those attributes that lend to being a playoff-type guy."

# 1 Ranked Yotes Prospect. Chris Brown, C: If there is one player ready to make the leap to the NHL, it may be Brown. The Texas-born University of Michigan product enjoyed a standout first season in the American Hockey League in 2012-13. Brown led AHL rookies with 29 goals in 68 games. That performance earned him a five-game NHL stint, when he averaged 7:38 of ice time per game and failed to produce a point.

The second-round pick (No. 36) in 2009 always has shown the ability to score. But at 6-foot-3 and 200 pounds, Brown could provide size and scoring, two things missing from the Phoenix roster much of last season.

Great Read. I was introduced to Hockey in 1997 when I did my first ski-season in B.C, many of my friends were canucks fans but many also followed the leafs and the habs. I loved hockey after watching my first game and working out wtf was going on and I got to really look forward to Saturday nights and HNIC. At first I did not really support any one team just wanted Canadian teams to win , but after a few weeks the exciting and charismatic play of Pavel Bure turned me into a Canuck supporter.Later in the season I was visiting friends in Whistler and one of them took me to a game , we were 3 seats from the ice and I got to see Pavel play , I still consider this one of the highlights in my life and that is in a life full of them. Other names , Linden , Lumme , Mogilny come to mind when I think about those early days as a canucks fan,i will never forget watching Marty McSorley hacking down Donald Brashear from behind , I thought , these guys are frickin nuts , what a hardcore game, but it was the play of Pavel Bure that made me become a canucks fan

Some great writeups on NHL.com about some Panthers prospects...

OTTS, was that from the 30 in 30? Chris Brown is certainly worth keeping an eye on. I traded Gonchar for him and Marcus Foligno at the deadline but sadly they were the price for me to solidify my goaltending and add Sbisa to my blueline. Luckily i got a lot of working parts in addition, Jesse Joensuu was one of them, and I have high hopes on this Finn to be a heavy handed forward scoring winger as he progresses. Can't wait to see him in international play and of course in the NHL this year!

SIGNING: The Montreal Canadiens have signed unrestricted free agent defenseman Korbinian Holzer to a two year deal.

Korbinian Holzer: 2 years, $ 1.45 million dollar contract ( $ 725,000.00 per season ).

v-logo.jpg

The Habs are thrilled to have locked up Korbinian to a two-year contract, as we of all teams are aware of the need for depth in the CDCGML. Everything about this signing fits in with what we are trying to accomplish here in Montreal, and we look forward to having Holzer compete for a spot with the big club out of training camp.

Updated Blue-line(s)

E. Johnson - Kulikov

Greene - Strait

Connauton - Postma

O'Byrne

McIlrath - Holzer

Melchiori - Redmond

The Habs are thrilled to have locked up Korbinian to a two-year contract, as we of all teams are aware of the need for depth in the CDCGML.  Everything about this signing fits in with what we are trying to accomplish here in Montreal, and we look forward to having Holzer compete for a spot with the big club out of training camp.

Updated Blue-line(s)

E. Johnson - Kulikov

Greene - Strait

Connauton - Postma

O'Byrne

McIlrath - Holzer

Melchiori - Redmond

good depth signing...hope he gets another chance in the nhl but he´ll have a hard stand in toronto again

SIGNING: The New Jersey Devils have signed Mattias Janmark-Nylen to a 3 year deal

Mattias Janmark-Nylen - 3 years, $2.7 million with a $1.5 million signing bonus ($1.4 million per season)

3238bfa3202fd914c895ca44331071ca.png

Offered just under 1.3 for this guy.

Congratulations Mike I think you got a gem here.... <_<

Very excited to battle for prospects with you like always for many more years to come.

good depth signing...hope he gets another chance in the nhl but he´ll have a hard stand in toronto again

Holzer is on a one-way deal for the next two years with the Leafs, and if their cap crunch isn't solved they may need his affordable salary on the roster. That's the bet we've made, and we hope it pays off. :)

Archived