The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Subban is a Canuck

HockeyNut30

Yes...time will tell...but genetics plays a big part...I was 5'11" when I graduated from high school and I was 5'11" 5 years later and here I am almost 50, and guess what? I'm still 5'11"

My 3 years younger brother is 6'1" and he was 6'1" when he graduated as well.

The chances are really good that Jordan won't grow any taller, maybe 1/2 an inch, 1 tops, if his brother didn't change.

Jordan Subban is a defense man, not a forward...

Wow. What a great sample size you've relied upon to base your opinion.

Again, its a freaking fourth round pick. Even if he never plays a game in the NHL, its hard to consider him a bust. Most fourth rounders don't make it to the NHL. Worst case scenario he quarterbacks the PP in the AHL and helps our group of young forwards (Gaunce, Jensen, Horvat, Shinkaruk) get some confidence on the PP.

Wow - what a great....whole lotta of nothing.

Have you even been following along? All I originally said is we don't need "short" defense man.

Have you even researched growth? I based mine on research and first hand experience.

I also said "time will tell" - but you cherry picked...

I really like this pick.

He has all the pedigree in the world to become an NHL quality player. Imagine training with PK all summer long...

I'm sure his parents and agent are looking into some "alternative" therapies to help him gain those extra few inches.

I know my cousin did some growth hormone therapy after he graduated highschool and gained about 2.5 inches. Whether he would have grown that much without the drugs we will never know. What I do know is that he is very happy he did it.

Archived