The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Subban is a Canuck

HockeyNut30

As someone earlier pointed out, if Jordan ends up playing like Torey Krug did for Boston, I will be EXTREMELY happy with this pick.

Size means nothing if they have the attitude and confidence needed.

Exactly the type of D man the Canucks should always be looking for-intelligent puck mover that can QB the team.

Jordan is touted as having excellent speed so throw that in with his outstanding pedigree,shot and play making abilities.

Paul Reinhart was 5'11" and was the best d man I ever saw play in a Canucks uniform.

Robert Gordon Orr was 5' 11" .

Eddie Shore was 5' 11" .

One of the best puck movers in the draft, Subban is very mobile and poised with the puck on his stick. His height allows him to skate quickly and can achieve top speed in a few strides. Jordan has great puck handling skills and has an above-average shot from the point. With a quick first pass, coupled with the ability to see the ice, Subban can move the puck out of the zone with ease and spring rushes from the backend.

Where Will He End Up In June:

His name is bantered about as a 2nd round pick. It’s a position that I feel is suitable for a GM to take him in. At worst, he will drop to the 3rd round, but probably won’t dip any farther than that.

Craig Button: Ranked 41st

http://thehockeywriters.com/jordan-subban-the-next-ones-nhl-2013-draft-prospect-profile/

Jordan is an offensive d man.He does not play a defensive role and he was not drafted for anything defense.

Some of the best d men in the history of the NHL were only a few inches taller than Jordan playing as grown adults.

Archived