The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Contract Termination] Nik Zherdev Available

Visp

I disagree with the whole 'his compete level isn't high'.

He's played 6 NHL seasons and 4 of them he's been on the top 3 on his team in points. He was the captain on Atlant in Russia. He wore the A for Russia during the EHT this year.

I think people have this weird expectation that because he has amazing raw talent he can deke an entire team whenever he wants.. it's not really how the NHL works. And nobody is suggesting he's Pavel Bure or Datsyuk.

As far as I am concerned Zherdev is a 60 point winger and that's pretty damn good, but people will always have higher expectations of him because of his flashiness.

I disagree with the whole 'his compete level isn't high'.

He's played 5 NHL seasons and 4 of them he's been on the top 3 on his team in points. He was the captain on Atlant in Russia. He wore the A for Russia during the EHT this year.

I think people have this weird expectation that because he has amazing raw talent he can deke an entire team whenever he wants.. it's not really how the NHL works. And nobody is suggesting he's Pavel Bure or Datsyuk.

As far as I am concerned Zherdev is a 60 point winger and that's pretty damn good, but people will always have higher expectations of him because of his flashiness.

Archived