Opening line-up *NO TRADES*

BieksaSedin

Looking at what Torts did in NYR I'd like to see this:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Schroeder

Booth-Santorelli-Higgins

Sestito-Richardson-Hansen

Roll all 4 lines pretty evenly

This lineup is going to be interesting to say the least. It could be completely different than anyone is used too.

Sedin Sedin Booth

Burrows Kesler Kassian

Higgins Schroeder Hansen

Richardson Lain Weise

Sestito

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Alberts Tanev

Weber

Luongo

Lack

I think Booth would be great with the Sedins.

Kesler and Burrows fabulous 2way game with their great work ethic, will teach Kassian more of a complete game. I think he is is so ready to learn.

Third line will be fast and fun to watch.

4th is a question mark and I hope Richardson plays his heart out and teaches young Lain the ropes.

Reunite Bieksa and Hammer

Edler and Garrison will rock our socks this year!

Alberts I believe will be back and back with Tanev.

Weber will be inserted in for Alberts against different competition.

Looking at what Torts did in NYR I'd like to see this:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Schroeder

Booth-Santorelli-Higgins

Sestito-Richardson-Hansen

Roll all 4 lines pretty evenly

This lineup is going to be interesting to say the least. It could be completely different than anyone is used too.

Hmm I really like this line-up here. I was gonna suggest having

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Hansen

Booth - Schroeder - Higgins

Santorelli - Richardson - Archibald

Sestito

I feel as though Hansen deserves to play in the top 6 and playing with Kesler and Burrows would make one of the best 2 way lines this team has had in a long time. The forechecking and shot producing on that line would be nuts. Frees up Booth, Schroeder and Higgins to feast upon the 3rd pairing defence; perfect for Schroeder to display his talents.

I do like the thought of putting Santorelli with Booth and having Schroeder on the wing though.

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Burrows - Kesler - Schroeder

Booth/Higgins - Gaunce - Kassian

Higgins/Booth - Richardson - Hansen

Weise/Santoritelli/Sestito

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Tanev

Edler - Corrado

Weber

Luongo

Lack/Eriksson

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Jordan Schroeder ($0.600m) / Dale Weise ($0.750m)

Nicklas Jensen ($0.863m) / Brendan Gaunce ($1.057m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Tom Sestito ($0.750m)

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Chris Tanev ($1.300m)

Yannick Weber ($0.650m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,798,333; BONUSES: $162,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $664,167

I'm hoping for a kid line 4th line. they're all big, young & lots of potential, would make a fun energy line & could get more ice when they're playing well. If they all click & turn into a regular threat to score, it could be a game changer.

Hansen with the twins, because I think Torts will love Hansen & if Burrows is playing with Kesler I think Hansen ends up there by default.

Richardson & Schroeder interchangeable on the 3rd line & Weise gets a chance to show he can contribute more.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Burrows - Schroeder - Hansen

Lain - Richardson - Weise

or

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Hansen

Booth - Schroeder - Higgins

Lain - Richardson Weise

for the forward groups.

personally i can't see Kassian playing with Kesler because all Kassian does is try to pass the puck to Kesler

and knowing Kes the puck possession will most likely stay with him or with Burrows if put on the same line

Because of that, you'd try to have Hansen who plays pretty much a north south game with that speed and it's not like he has nifty moves or anything

give him some outlet passes and see how things go from there

or we can always re-unite that AMEX line and hope things get running. Schroeder/Hansen/Booth are a couple of our fastest skaters behind Weise but let's admit it, Weise isn't gonna see much time in the top 9 unless Kassian slumps hard

Sedin Sedin Booth

Burrows Kesler Kassian

Higgins Schroeder Hansen

Richardson Lain Weise

Sestito

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Alberts Tanev

Weber

Luongo

Lack

I think Booth would be great with the Sedins.

Kesler and Burrows fabulous 2way game with their great work ethic, will teach Kassian more of a complete game. I think he is is so ready to learn.

Third line will be fast and fun to watch.

4th is a question mark and I hope Richardson plays his heart out and teaches young Lain the ropes.

Reunite Bieksa and Hammer

Edler and Garrison will rock our socks this year!

Alberts I believe will be back and back with Tanev.

Weber will be inserted in for Alberts against different competition.

Why do so many on here not listen to the Canucks when they speak

There are certain things they said to start the season that set for the roster and yet you all want to make your own stupid lines

The set positions are below and you can fill in the blanks to set the rest

But the below are what is starting the season AND J.S. IS NOT PLAYING WING

SEDIN SEDIN _______

BURROWS KESLER __________

BOOTH SANTORELLI __________

HIGGINS RICHARDSON HANSEN

HAMHUIS BIEKSA

GARRISON __________

EDLER ___________

LOUIE

IMO KASSIAN JENSEN (GAUNCE/HORVAT) will be the right wingers with J.S. SESTITO or WEISS as the 13th forward

TANEV AND CORRADO will be the right D with WEBBER and ALBERTS as spares

And IMO LACK will start the year on the Comets and Erriksson will be the backup as the Stork had a year off and has to play

who do you think will be the blanks ?????????

What are you talking about? show me where the "Canucks" have said that Santorelli will be 3rd line C or Higgins/Hansen on the 4th AND J.S IS NOT PLAYING THE WING. The only thing that has been said related to your comments is that Torts would like to see if Burrows and Kesler can renew the chemistry they when they broke into the league that doesn't mean anything is written in stone.

Booth in the interveiw on 1040 said he agreed with Gillis and when they signed him that he to would like to give it the 20 games to see if they can re gain there chemistry and scoring touch like Gillis said would be the case

J.S. SUX at wing end of story and said he much prefers center as he is not at all comfortable on the wing

The 3rd and 4th lines can be 3A & 3B and are like a scoring and a checking line (very good options)

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - A.Burrows

D.Booth - R.Kesler - J.Hansen

C.Higgins - B.Richardson - Z.Kassian

T.Sestito - M.Santorelli - D. Weise

D.Hamhuis - K.Bieksa

A.Edler - C.Tanev

J.Garrison - F.Corrado

R.Luongo

E.Lack

I don t believe the youth movement is gonna be front and center this year. I don t see anything that indictes any of our youngsters are ready. I think another season for Jensen in the AHL will do him a world of good. I don t think moving either Gaunce or Horvat directly into the NHL would be beneficial to either one. I think at least one season in the AHL is in order. Kellen Lain, although big, is still very raw and needs time to refine his skill set. I see at least one more season with mostly veterens in the line up.

The first line requires no explanation. It s still one of the best lines in the NHL.

I put Hansen with Kesler and Booth because he has shown the ability to make the smart play with the puck. He makes solid passes and keeps with the gritty nature that this line was intended to bring while maintaining an offensive punch. I know that he s been put there before without much success, but I believe playing with Kesler and Booth will payoff for him given enough time to gel.

For me, the third line is the wild card. I think that if the Canucks are gonna have success, this is the line that needs to step up. On paper, atleast, Higgins and Richardson would work well together and provide the style of game that Kassian should thrive in. Torts will want Kassian to be a hammer and should have no problem unleashing the beast. It is a position that doesn t put huge pressure on Kassian but does place a bit of responsibility on him. If this line can come together, I believe the Canucks are in for a great year.

The fourth line. What can I say? Hit, hit, hit and used in rough situations, sometimes relied on to buy time for our top lines to rest up.

Now, to the defense.

Hamhuis and Bieksa have enjoyed success together, so why change it? The biggest chance is on the second pairing. Tanev has steadily improved his game. Going with the theme of putting more expectations on our yonger players, I put Tanev in the second slot to offer him a chance to excel and give Edler a new partner to try. If it doesn t succeed, I would slide Garrison to the right side and move Tanev down. Garrison is on the third pairing with Corrado, again giving a young gun somebody with experience to learn from. Corrado can pass which will benefit Garrisons booming shot. These pairings spread the offence out and. in my opinion offer maximum opportunity for all to succeed.

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Jordan Schroeder ($0.600m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Danny Cleary ($1.000m) / Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Brad Boyes ($1.000m)

Dale Weise ($0.750m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Ron Hainsey ($1.000m) / Chris Tanev ($1.300m)

Ryan O'Byrne ($1.100m) / Yannick Weber ($0.650m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,003,333; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $296,667

This would be my dream roster with the cap space we have. Fill out the rest of the roster with cheap reliable vets who bring grit and and shot blocking experience.

Every winger could move up one spot if needed. And we'd actually have a 4th line that can score and play big minutes.

Daniel Henrick Kassian(15-20)

Burrows Kesler Schroeder(15-20)

Higgins Santorelli Booth(10-15)

Weiss Richardson Hansen(6-12)

Hamhuis - Bieksa(20-25)

Edler - Tanev(15-20)

Gary - Corrado(15-20)

Jensen, Gaunce, Horvat, Shinkaruk, Lain, Mallet will not be playing a full season in the NHL this year. They will be called up to get a taste and if there are injuries IMO. They could all use a year in their tier(CHL/AHL) to improve their craft. Rushing these guys would be a big mistake. I'm even iffy about sloting Corrado in the third pairing, but he seems more ready than all of them I think.

Archived