The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bure Jersey Retirement?

Knuckleheadz

Naslund was our team's classy captain & winner of NHL Award recognition. He was a scoring champion & also a part of the "West-Coast Express" which got its' fame by becoming one of the best lines in hockey...especially in their day. Naslund was never 100% again after being gooned by Steve Moore. This was before the league enforced concussion protocols that encouraged the full & proper reporting of symptoms. He took ONE for his team! It was eventually the team that let HIM down... & let him go. But - Nazzy had his best NHL years & found his true fame in VAN. Dissing him or any of his other many accomplishments...including his community-service dedication OR that raised jersey in our arena...irks me to no end! Get a clue!

This was one of the worst reads of my life and I read a lot of Luongo sucks threads. Naslund is one of the most beloved and easily one of the classiest canucks of all time. I can accept the Bure hate even though I blame management and Messier for that. But Nazzy is a Canuck legend.

This was one of the worst reads of my life and I read a lot of Luongo sucks threads. Naslund is one of the most beloved and easily one of the classiest canucks of all time. I can accept the Bure hate even though I blame management and Messier for that. But Nazzy is a Canuck legend.

Best player to ever don a Canucks uniform. No doubt in my mind he should be honoured.

Either against the Panthers, Flames or Jets(beasted against the Jets numerous occasions and I'm pretty sure his first NHL game was against them).

Well his downfall after Steve Moore had nothing to do with head shots and nothing to do with the NHLs new protocol. Do you even remember the hit? Obviously you don't because he stuck his knee out.

Naslund led us to nothing more than missing the playoffs with the occasional 1st or 2nd round exit. If you think he was the classiest captain we've ever had you are very mistaken and is an insult to Linden and Smyl. Just because you put up points doesn't mean you deserve your number in the rafters, we've lowered the standard and now we'll have to retire a number of players. I'd rather have these players as ring of honour candidates than in the rafters.

It doesn't bother me if someone wants to wear #19. 16 and 12 are no go's

Archived