The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article, Globe And Mail.) Canucks GM to blame for Roberto Luongo soap opera.....Luongos former agent speaks

naslund.is.king

Everyone is getting all up in arms because I implied that we need to band together as fans and be more supportive of our team. I stand by my statement, I don't think this fanbase deserves great players and here's why: for the past 2 seasons I saw a Kesler who came back from serious injuries and tried his damn hardest on the ice yet this forum still called him out on his effort. He put the entire team on his back in one game in these recent playoffs and people still called him on it because he wasn't able to do it for the entire series. I saw a Luongo who played unbelievable hockey in the post-season yet still got pulled by the coaching staff and saw way more fans who supported that move than fans who didn't. This guy is the best goalie in franchise history. I saw a Burrows who went above and beyond in the season and postseason and was still not good enough for a lot of fans on this forum to even be a top 6 forward. So much for Mr. Clutch eh? You know what the crazy part is, these guys aren't scrubs, they are our superstars. So no if you're not going to support your superstars in thick and thin, if it can even be called that, then you don't deserve them (I'm looking at you timberwolf).

You're saying I have to be an idealist to think like this. What's wrong with that? You know who else are "idealists"? Chicago fans, and Bruins fans. Tell me, what have they been up to these past few years? See unlike you, I did my homework sir. I went on their message boards and I saw what they post on them. And believe you me, we have a lot of catching up to do if we expect our team

to perform like theirs, and if we expect our superstars to perform like theirs do in the post-season.

You can stomp your feet and flail your arms at my comments as much as you want, but I think CDC has been doing that for way too long. I know I struck a nerve when I pointed the blame at the fans instead of the media or the players or the management. Maybe you can show me I'm wrong by supporting this team unconditionally for this whole year. Maybe you can stand up for these guys when someone from the media or other organizations doesn't give them the respect they deserve. Believe me, I'm rooting for you to prove me wrong.

Yes, because stats mean everything. The team left Schneider out to dry when they played with him and net and actually played okay with Luongo in net.Schneider was the ONLY reason the Canucks had a fighting chance.

Luongo < Schneider.SJ loosened up defensively when they knew they'd have to play more offensively with Schneider in net as Luongo is a sieve and easy to score on.Quite frankly I'm embarrassed at the Schneider trade and if I were gm, I would trade them Horvat and a 1st back just to get him back as I think he will be an elite goalie and have a much better career than headcase will.

Quite frankly I'm embarrassed at the Schneider trade and if I were gm, I would trade them Horvat and a 1st back just to get him back as I think he will be an elite goalie and have a much better career than headcase will.

Ignoring my post above huh? Schneider will be a top 10 goalie ever to play this game. He will take over Brodeurs reigns and have a similar if not better career than Brodeur.Luongo is a goaltender who chokes when it matters and lost the Canucks the cup. If Schneider was in net for the cup run I guarantee you the Canucks would have a cup by now.

Yes, because stats mean everything. The team left Schneider out to dry when they played with him and net and actually played okay with Luongo in net.Schneider was the ONLY reason the Canucks had a fighting chance.

I guess you're ignoring Luongo's blowouts in Boston... where he could have actually played decently and the team would have actually had a chance...The playoffs got in his head just like every other year.

Archived