The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bieksa interviewed

nuck nit

Ohhh, I thought you were talking about how MG and AV were bragging after about how Coho was put in such a great position to inflate his numbers. They were trying to say Coho looked better than he actually was after the trade because of the way they protected him. Still, he wasn't showcasing Schneider. Schneider's value was already skyhigh from the previous 2 seasons (no more showcasing needed). AV was trying to let him be the #1.

Exactly. You take out guys like Salo and Ehrhoff who they had natural chemistry with, and obviously their point totals will go down.

They were making vintage Sedin plays all last season, the problem was just that lack of a second line, and third line for that matter.

The perception that the Sedins are getting older and slowing down ignores the reality that last year we had no secondary scoring, and our PP sucked. If one wishes to pin that all on the Sedins, then yes, I suppose they're on the decline.

Bieksa is always willing to dish out a hit, but I've never seen a D man get out of the way of a forechecker as fast as he does. He acts like a freight train is coming down on him. Skinny little Tanev will stand tall and make sure he makes the right pass, where as bad ass Bieksa will throw it five feet up the boards then bail.

Toughness is willing to take abuse more so than give it. Juice is not willing, if it wasn't for that stupid smirk on his face, he would look scared.

I don't know he just kind of seems like he's a pretend tough guy now. He always backs down to people unless he knows he will win against them. After he got manhandled by Eager he hasn't fought much.

When he first joined the nucks he would throw a huge hit almost every game at the blue line, now he does maybe twice a season.

Archived