-a Blue Chip prospect

-a serviceable d-man/forward

-and 1st rd pick (or 2nd)

so examples with teams that could use Edler would be

Anaheim: Etem, Sbisa, 1st rd pick

Colorado: Tyson Barrie, 1st rd pick, and McGinn

Dallas: Ritchie, Oleksiak,2nd rd pick

Tampa: Koekkoek, Purcell

Maybe the picks need to be reduced or taken away but I could see a similar return, otherwise Gillis won't pull the trigger

His value based on our organizational needs would be

-a Blue Chip prospect

-a serviceable d-man/forward

-and 1st rd pick (or 2nd)

so examples with teams that could use Edler would be

Anaheim: Etem, Sbisa, 1st rd pick

Colorado: Tyson Barrie, 1st rd pick, and McGinn

Dallas: Ritchie, Oleksiak,2nd rd pick

Tampa: Koekkoek, Purcell

Maybe the picks need to be reduced or taken away but I could see a similar return, otherwise Gillis won't pull the trigger

I agree those are fair value returns but I'm not sure the organizational needs are picks or prospects at this point, If Edler is traded I really think a young top 6 scoring forward would be the target. Etem, Ritchie, Barrie are all solid prospects who will most likely make an impact in the next few years but the Canucks don't need more potential top 6 guys right now with Jensen, Kassian, Schroeder, Horvat, Shinkaruk, they need someone to be able to produce now on the 2nd line.

Picks and prospects are always great to stockpile but I would even be willing to move Edler plus a pick or a prospect for the right top 6 Winger.

Edler and Jensen for Skinner

Edler and Gaunce for Eberle

Edler for Johansen and Savard

Edler and 1st for Johansson and Orlov

I think Hall is their best forward now (although I can't stand him) and Nugent-Hopkins will be but Eberle is more well rounded than the other two at this point.

They have plenty of dmen just none of Edler's quality, although J. Schultz has high end skill and Smid/Ference are very good guys to have in their line-up.

Would actually give them a decent d-core

Edler J.Schultz

Smid Petry

Ference Grebeshkov

N.Schultz

I think Hall is their best forward now (although I can't stand him) and Nugent-Hopkins will be but Eberle is more well rounded than the other two at this point.

They have plenty of dmen just none of Edler's quality, although J. Schultz has high end skill and Smid/Ference are very good guys to have in their line-up.

Would actually give them a decent d-core

Edler J.Schultz

Smid Petry

Ference Grebeshkov

N.Schultz

I could be wrong because Edm does it all the time, but it would be foolish to rush Nurse into the NHL, He is 18 and 185 pounds, very few guys crack NHL rosters at 18 even less who are d-men and nearly none who are d-men under 200lbs.

A year? he is signed for the next 6 and would still be the best all round dman on that team even if Nurse can make the jump in a year. Don't get me wrong Edm might not want to move Eberle for Edler but he still would be their top guy with J.Schultz right behind.

True. But I don't think MacTavish will want to make that big of a splash early on. If we were to move Edler, Eberle wouldn't go anywhere.

I could see something along the lines of Hemsky, 1st, and maybe a prospect depending on what we give other than Edler.

The proposed deal with Anaheim for Etem, Sbisa, + pick would be an amazing return. Sbisa would make a solid 3rd pairing D and Etem would likley jump into a top 6 role on a line with Kesler and Booth, and at 6'1" - 210 with skill, he would be a fantastic fit in the re-tooling of this team. Also moving forward, he has had success playing with Shinkaruk in Junior, and theyre still good friends.

However with Anahiem trading Ryan away, I highly doubt that theyre willing to deal this budding PF away, especailly after his playoff performance against Detroit. (3g, 2a, 14 hits in 7 gp). The kid's a keeper.

Fair enough I agree Edm might not want to move Eberle or Car might not want to move Skinner but I don't want to move Edler for prospects/picks or players past their prime and that is why I posted those types of deals, Edler in his prime should fetch a top 6 winger in or close to their prime otherwise it isn't worth moving Edler at all.

High end D-men dont get moved all that often, but when they do, market value suggests that the return is very high for a player of that calibre at that position ...

Top 4 dmen with top 2 potential getting dealt over the last few years...

LA traded Jack Johnson + 1st for Jeff Carter

Pitts traded Alex Goligoski for James Neal and Niskanen

Cgy traded Jay Bowmeester (somewhat of a cap dump) for 1st round pick in a very deep draft and 2 prospects.

Sj traded Brent Burns for Charlie Coyle, Devin Setoguchi, 1st round pick

Leafs traded Francios Beauchemin for Lupul, Gardiner. conditional pick

Leafs traded Thomas Kaberle for Joe Colborne, 1st round pick, conditional pick.

Panthers trade Keith Ballard + Oreskovich for Bernier, Grabner, 1st round pick

Ducks trade Chris Pronger for Lupul, Sbisa, 1st round pick, 1st round pick (Etem)

Edmonton traded Chris Pronger for Lupul, Smid, 1st round pick, 1st round pick (Eberle), 2nd round pick (Hamonic)

Going by the list above, the value of Edler should be somewhere close to a roster player, a top prospect, and a 1st round pick

Archived