The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Mtl

We downgrade on D, I'm not sold on tinordi, he is more defensive then offensive and we don't need that. Montreal is fine on D and need scoring, they wouldn't trade away their best forward (arguably) and get a similar player that won't help them for at least 3 years. The trade doesn't make sense for either team. And we give up a 1st? I wouldn't do it even without the 1st.

We downgrade on D, I'm not sold on tinordi, he is more defensive then offensive and we don't need that. Montreal is fine on D and need scoring, they wouldn't trade away their best forward (arguably) and get a similar player that won't help them for at least 3 years. The trade doesn't make sense for either team. And we give up a 1st? I wouldn't do it even without the 1st.

This deal isn't bad value wise but I wouldn't do it..... I think Edler will respond well to Tortarella and Jensen could become a similar player to Pacioretty in the future if he pans out. I really like what I have seen from him thus far and I believe he is on the right path to being a real productive power forward for us.

They have:

Pacioretty

Plekanec

Galchenyuk

Gallagher

Briere

Gionta

Eller

Desharnais

Subban

Markov

Gorges

for scoring. I can't believe you're saying Montreal needs scoring, they have plenty of it. And Diaz is not, I repeat, NOT a top 4 defenseman, I don't know why some people think that.

Archived