The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Richard Brouder Jersey

Justdean10

The numbers on the shoulders look incorrect.

I believe they should be gold not black?

However it's a flying V and still a cool looking vintage repro jersey.

I've got a 'Mitchell and Ness' Flying V "Tiger Williams" in the away black (amongst others in my collectiion).

Wait, I just checked and I maybe wrong, use this link and study for yourself but it appears for one year (1981/82) the shoulder numbers may of been used with the black fill instead of gold....

http://www.nhlunifor...ks/Canucks.html

The numbers on the shoulders look incorrect.

I believe they should be gold not black?

However it's a flying V and still a cool looking vintage repro jersey.

I've got a Mitchell and Ness Flying V "Tiger Williams" in the away black (amongst others in my collectiion).

Wait, I just checked and I maybe wrong, use this link and study for yourself but it appears for one year (1981/82) the shoulder patch may of been used with the black fill instead of gold....

http://www.nhlunifor...ks/Canucks.html

A quick Google search will show you it's not quite right, but the nhluniforms link above details it pretty clearly. The yellow jerseys did use black numbers for a time, but only had those numbers at the bottom of the sleeve and the nameplate in those years were one colour without any accenting outline. When they switched the numbers up to the shoulder, they changed them to yellow and that's when the nameplate lettering got the orange outline as well.

Take a look at the '81-'82 jerseys versus the '82-'85 jerseys and you'll see what I mean:

Canucks09.png

Canucks10.png

So, the jersey might not be a fake per say, but the numbering and lettering isn't authentic for a couple of reasons and was probably put on after if the jersey's good. It's too hard to tell with the rest to know though

Archived