The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Online stores honoring a price error?

Steve23

So, I was browsing Futureshop past midnight and I noticed they had massive price errors on all of their Apple Macbooks. A 512gb Macbook retina was listed as $1,250 off the regular price. I made the purchase and the order was processed but about 10 minutes later the website changed the price back to normal RSP ($2,799).

Can Futureshop cancel the order at all? Or since the order has been processed, am I in the clear?

So, I was browsing Futureshop past midnight and I noticed they had massive price errors on all of their Apple Macbooks. A 512gb Macbook retina was listed as $1,250 off the regular price. I made the purchase and the order was processed but about 10 minutes later the website changed the price back to normal RSP ($2,799).

Can Futureshop cancel the order at all? Or since the order has been processed, am I in the clear?

they don't have to honour it, but they probably will. the good thing is, that if they decide not to honour it, you can cancel the purchase, saying you only bought it because it was so cheap. so either they will give it to you at that price (most likely) or they will allow you to cancel it. either way you won't be paying the $2000 price

they don't have to honour it, but they probably will. the good thing is, that if they decide not to honour it, you can cancel the purchase, saying you only bought it because it was so cheap. so either they will give it to you at that price (most likely) or they will allow you to cancel it. either way you won't be paying the $2000 price

Yeah, that's what I figured, but thought I may as well give it a shot. Pretty bewildering though - every single Macbook configuration was listed with $500-$1,300 off depending on the model. They were pretty quick to retrace their steps and fixed it within the hour. We'll see what unfolds though - keeping my fingers crossed!

Different online deal that did get honored here:

Expedia.ca was offering $300 off if you booked a flight and hotel together to either New York , Las Vegas or Cabo. Only on the .ca expedia so only for Canadians. From Vancouver to Las Vegas and a cheap hotel for a long weekend was $500-600 so half off. BUT you can put in travel from Bellingham and with staying at excalibur (cheapest main place on the strip) it came out to $306.95 all taxes and everything included added the discount code and BAM flight and hotel $6.95. They changed the deal parameters to only flights originating in Canada and a few other limitations on the site the next day and I was waiting for a call or Email telling me the deal was cancelled but it never came. 5 of us did the deal and paid $6.95 each for a direct flight from Bellingham to Las Vegas and hotel for 3 nights.

We each slipped the desk clerk at Excalibur $20 to upgrade us each to a suite. Doesnt seem like much bit it was 3 times what we paid for the flight and room lol.

They would have been within their rights to not honor the deal but Expedia is a good site and they seem to have taken it as a learning lesson. It was 2 years ago.

futureshop and bestbuy are pretty good at honoring their price error... unless u order massive amount.. i got a few price error items from them in the past and it was shipped.. last item was GPS, original price was $139.99 and was charged $13.99 lol

Different online deal that did get honored here:

Expedia.ca was offering $300 off if you booked a flight and hotel together to either New York , Las Vegas or Cabo. Only on the .ca expedia so only for Canadians. From Vancouver to Las Vegas and a cheap hotel for a long weekend was $500-600 so half off. BUT you can put in travel from Bellingham and with staying at excalibur (cheapest main place on the strip) it came out to $306.95 all taxes and everything included added the discount code and BAM flight and hotel $6.95. They changed the deal parameters to only flights originating in Canada and a few other limitations on the site the next day and I was waiting for a call or Email telling me the deal was cancelled but it never came. 5 of us did the deal and paid $6.95 each for a direct flight from Bellingham to Las Vegas and hotel for 3 nights.

We each slipped the desk clerk at Excalibur $20 to upgrade us each to a suite. Doesnt seem like much bit it was 3 times what we paid for the flight and room lol.

They would have been within their rights to not honor the deal but Expedia is a good site and they seem to have taken it as a learning lesson. It was 2 years ago.

Archived