The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Motorcyclist charged after video catches violent swarming of family on NYC highway

-Vintage Canuck-

Yeah...we've been talking about this on the VTX forum I also participate in...

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?360441-punk-bikers

This post sums it up pretty well:

"No matter which way you feel... is this what human society has become.

Everyone should be ashamed.... this is not Mad Max's world.

Man has become an animal."

Everyone listens to the man with the gun.

Yeah, because 50 people on bikes that slashed his tires didn't have weapons on them.. He was with his family, not the smartest idea. And even if he did have a gun, I doubt he'd be able to take out 50 people, armed or unarmed, with a handgun.

Yeah, because 50 people on bikes that slashed his tires didn't have weapons on them.. He was with his family, not the smartest idea. And even if he did have a gun, I doubt he'd be able to take out 50 people, armed or unarmed, with a handgun.

Doubt they had any fire power... He could just use slow time if they became a problem. They would likely just scatter though. Maybe one or two guys will glitch out and try to fist fight him when he has the gun but that's about it.

yeah, well it only takes one biker to stop and others stop as well. Not sure if swarming is the right vernacular.

He cut in front of the SUV driver in the first place and put on his brakes for no reason. That initial biker was trying to start something. You talk about drivers having respect for bikers, but the guy that initially got bumped was a complete prick. He was in a perfectly safe spot to the side of the suv at first, but then he decides to go in front of the suv and leave little distance between himself and the suv and then he decides to throw on his brakes. I bet if the suv driver put on his brakes at the same time, one of the other guys would have run into the back of his suv and then they would have been mad at the suv driver for slowing down so quickly and the same thing would have probably happened. :lol:

The chase and beating kinda show that they are the swarming type. Cowards.

like something didn't precipitate that action.

Something probably did, but even if someone, say, flips you the bird, still doesn't give you and your little gang the right to attack his vehicle, chase him down, and beat him up. Especially when he was trying to protect his family. I agree that a lot of drivers are total jerks and when you're on a bike or not, if somebody doesn't respect you on the road it would piss anyone off. But it doesn't justify their actions.

Something probably did, but even if someone, say, flips you the bird, still doesn't give you and your little gang the right to attack his vehicle, chase him down, and beat him up. Especially when he was trying to protect his family. I agree that a lot of drivers are total jerks and when you're on a bike or not, if somebody doesn't respect you on the road it would piss anyone off. But it doesn't justify their actions.

Why do you say the biker flipped the driver the bird? It may have happened but believe me the most likely scenario is the driver did something (maybe small) but it started the chain reaction. The biker then (over)reacted and then we have this situation.

Why do you say the biker flipped the driver the bird? It may have happened but believe me the most likely scenario is the driver did something (maybe small) but it started the chain reaction. The biker then (over)reacted and then we have this situation.

Oh, it was just an example. We don't know what the driver did or what could've caused the whole situation but from what we can see from the video and the report, the driver did what anyone would and that's protect his family. Again, can't say for sure until full details from the investigation are released but for now, judging from what we do know, I have to say that the bikers were in the wrong.

from what i read from another site is that the bikers were trying to slow the car down so they could all get their little driving party together and 'control' the highway so to speak, but that guy wouldn't slow down, stop, pull over, etc. so they got pissed off at him?

maybe incorrect, but that's the story i read

Thing is it was the bikers who did something in the first place, no matter how you look at it. Their mere presence on the road in such numbers, and they were sort of weaving between lanes so freely, probably freaked the driver out, as in he was probably afraid he was going to hit one of them. He may have done to antagonize the bikers, but really it's the bikers fault for being there in such numbers and not completely obeying the rules of the road.

like something didn't precipitate that action.

So you're saying if something happened that you go and put your brakes on in front of someone with a massive vehicle? yeah, that makes perfect sense. These are just some tough guys that think they own the road because they have a bunch of backup. Sometimes you can't even look at a person without them wanting to start something.

Mistakes are going to happen...there's risks while riding. If you(not necessarily you personally) can't understand that, than you shouldn't be on a bike.

Archived