The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Game [That's A Spicy Meatball] Game Over Please Sign Up

Aladeen

Idk but we're so sure about kumar being mafia, we should let him TB him then the doc can save him..

We're not "so sure" he's mafia. Like I said, for me, he's my best bet at the moment after what happened in the chat. A number of the most recent joined in after kumar made his comments making him, as you predicted, more suspicious.

I originally suspected GFY for saying (jokingly?) "I'm mafia" seeing as how last game he said "in b4 Kes thinks I'm mafia" (decided to TB him after this, an inking feeling). GFY ended up Mafia that time. The odds GFY's mafia again (3-4 straight games?) are slim so yea, kumar's my best bet at the moment.

Nobody has stuck out from the bandwagon votes (atleast to me).

Would be 3 games in a row, I wouldn't count me out of course, I mean VIC was Mafia 3 games in a row (Might be 4 in a row if he's Mafia this game too, which we've yet to discover). You could always get Kesler to TB me. I wouldn't recommend it, but I'm not against getting punished again by your group for the 3rd time in a row. You guys usually seem to be right on the money. ;)

Now, I'm going to get a little more into the game than I usually do. So here I go and I'll try my best. Analyzing over the voting of Kumar thus far.

Kesler, who is a high possibility of being the TB, starts the voting off.

I am confident that kumar is mafia

unvote

vote kumar2013

CL asked him if he got a pm at 8:15..he said no

Everyone should have gotten a pm

And then he suddenly had to leave

Now, at first, this is a pretty weak vote. Not much grounds to it. As we all know, CL, Kumar, and Kes talk in a chat not on CDC, so they usually discuss Mafia together and get clues that way.

Now, there is this reply by CL, which, could be true or not. Can't be entirely sure.

He said he didn't check and that he was too lazy, come on at least get the facts right.

Kinda suspicious he didn't want to check but that's bout it

Plus it's kumar, his resume speaks for itself lol

If THAT is true, they there is a chance we're voting out a TP. Kumar claimed that he didn't visit the site until today to check if he got a PM or not, which, as we all know, everyone did. The question is, did Kumar actually check the thread at any point and time last night? There was a lot of traffic on this thread around 7-10PM when I was up, but I personally don't recall seeing Kumar visit the thread whatsoever. I didn't pay too much attention though to it, but Kumar also doesn't view the thread anonymously either. So if he was viewing, I'm sure SOMEONE would notice, right?

Now, after a bit, the voting gets going.

Vote Kumar

I think Kesler is telling the truth this time

The regime presents three reasons for hopping on the Kumar bandwagon...

1) Kesler's explainable ability to get into the minds of his friends.

2) Kumar is, generally, a weaker player that would not be overly missed if he is just a regular TP. Here I'm willing to trust Kesler's ability to find out if his friends are specials.

3) Glorious Duce has been twice hung in a "tie breaker" with Kumar

Vote Kumar

He is most probably TB, I suggest that the real TB come out if Kesler is indeed not the TB. But for now, we should follow his vote because he is the best chance of catching a mafia. Vote Kumar

His first round suspicions when involving Kumar or CL have been pretty solid so it is hard to refute his claim. Vote Kumar .

Look at those timestamps. It could be a quick bandwagon on a TP. Mafia usually don't do that though. If anything it'd be one of their own, but still, I don't think they'd give in that quickly. However, considering the possibility that Kesler is the TB. There's a good chance they're following him because of that instead, so it would seem more logical to bandwagon his votes.

Kesler then ends up unvoting Kumar, saying that they'd let him talk first agreeing with 112.

Out of the 4, Kryten is the only one to unvote.

Unvote Kumar

unsure.gif

After a while, VIC follows suit.

Unvote Kumar

And then, it begins again.

unvote

Vote kumar

Seems too quiet in our convo

And we have 4 people in that convo(including ryp ) so statisically 1 of us should be mafia(1/3)

Vote kumar2013

Gave him ample opportunity to explain himself today. He hasn't and he's just been dodgy of questions. Unless that changes/someone better shows up, I'll be sticking to my vote.

Vote Kumar2013

You forgot my vote for GFY ;)

Unvote GFY (Although still a bit suspicious)

Vote Kumar Would've expected abit better of a defence after so much time.

Fair enough. No point in me attempting to start a vote on one of the bandwagoners unless there's people agreeing with me (there isn't :lol:).

Unvote Kesler87; Vote kumar2013

I hope you guys know what you're doing.

Congrats, you talked me into it. Vote Kumar . FTR, as a TP I will hardly lament your loss if you also turn out to be a TP because your defeatist attitude and relative silence in the thread hardly does anyone favours.

Okay bud your making a good case for yourself so for now I'll VOTE KUMAR.

Unvote Toews

vote Kumar

All the cool kids are doing it.

Kumar is likely to die at this point forward because of his vulgar attitude. Now, up above, I defended Kumar. Being my typical self. I like to view things from both standpoints.

Vulgarity is something that someone might do when backed into a corner, and we've seen before in Mafia. Some people do not take getting voted out lightly. Kumar, obviously is no different. He's made constant jabs at the TP for following Kesler, followed by weak defending of himself in the thread. He has no backing to what he's saying, he's just verbally airing his emotions in the thread.

Furthermore, this part right here is what gets me:

Basically, yesterday I asked kumar if he got a PM (I was under the assumption he wouldn't know/wasn't paying attention to the fact that Aladeen PMs everyone, and if he said no, it would've been an obvious lie). He was hesitant to check, said he was too lazy to login CDC and check. He left afterwards because he is Eastern timezone and it was 10-11pm his time iirc.

Now, if you ACTUALLY didn't check the forums, wouldn't you have said that instead of saying "no" to getting a PM? It would make more sense yes? That's what gets me. CL could be lying, but I find it unlikely in this case.

Just decided I'd give a little bit of my opinion on the matter since I was viewing the thread all day at work. :)

Look at the voting the way you want, and I'd be happy to hear different interpretations of how people have voted, if anyone has any.

Now I like to give people a chance until the end, but with that being said. I feel Kumar definitely is Mafia, either that, or he takes getting lynched the wrong way, which has lead us to believe he's Mafia.

Vote Kumar2013

**** this ****. Just lynch me. When you see I was a TP, then pat yourselves on your backs mafia.

This reminds me of the first time or two I was mafia, I would flip out at accusations and hope that it would deflect votes - it does not work in your favor whether you are mafia or TP, kumar. If you are just a TP I would recommend trying to put forward some points rather than just lash out in the thread, it gets us nowhere. If you can provide some humane reasoning and a good argument I will be more than willing to consider changing my vote, but for now,

Vote kumar

^I think CL's trying to say that if he did reply with "No", it would be pretty obvious that he was Mafia. His actual reply was that he "was hesitant to check, said he was too lazy to login CDC and check".

Is that right, CL?

Yea, I basically tried to catch him in a lie. Instead he hesitated checking saying he was too lazy.

I don't really understand this part.

What I mean is, in your quote. You just say he says "no" to getting a PM.

When, if he actually didn't not visit the forums, instead of replying "no", wouldn't he have said something in the way of not checking the forums yet. I think it would have been the safer thing to say.

Looking back now, it's a little strange actually that it's the one thing I picked out and I think my brain got jumbled up with all the quotings and typing I did :lol:

Archived