The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

Florence is right. There really isn't any big reason to buy a console right now.

I still don't even have a PS4 for myself. I have been playing my brother's, and I haven't been playing it often.

Until NHL 15 comes out there's really no need for me to get a PS4 for myself.

These consoles have been in development for a few years now. I dont understand why Sony and Microsoft wouldn't have made it a priority to have Uncharted 4 and Halo ready for launch. The 4 games I own for XB1 are all available on 360. Owning one now is far from a "must buy". Although the new technology is more fun to play on.

Edited by Joffrey Lupul

Florence is right. There really isn't any big reason to buy a console right now.

I still don't even have a PS4 for myself. I have been playing my brother's, and I haven't been playing it often.

Until NHL 15 comes out there's really no need for me to get a PS4 for myself.

Yup, fully agree. I got my PS4 as a gift, and to be honest, I go long stretches without using it, like right now, for example. I completed inFamous in one week, and I have since not turned on my PS4. That was at the start of the month. Absolutely no rush for any consumers to buy next-gen. I would take my time making a decision.

Edited by The Ghost of Tom Joad

These consoles have been in development for a few years now. I dont understand why Sony and Microsoft wouldn't have made it a priority to have Uncharted 4 and Halo ready for launch. The 4 games I own for XB1 are all available on 360. Owning one now is far from a "must buy". Although the new technology is more fun to play on.

It wouldn't be Microsoft or Sony's say unless I am mistaken it would be relevant to 343 and Naughty Dog. Unless one or the other is owned by Microsoft or Sony and they can put a hard deadline. Even so Devs are hit and miss. Many will project a date than delay it.

As far as the new tech goes exactly what makes it worth it or unique as of now? IMO the only thing I miss about the consoles has been how nice the new XO controller feels in the hands

Yeah there's not much new but that XBOne controller is quite nice eh lol. When I held it I loved it. I also really like the ps4 controller and I kept it because it works well with my NES and N64 emulator on my computer. Also I just didn't want to buy any new games like Titanfall or BF4 for a console thats nearing the end of its life cycle. And yes Microsoft owns 343i and Sony owns Naughty Dog.

Edited by Joffrey Lupul

I will never be a PC gamer if it means I have to sit at a desk in front of a tiny monitor and d!ck around with a keyboard. It's absolute crap

i'm not a pc gamer but you're way off on this comment. my pc is hooked up to my samsung thru hdmi just like any console would be.

anyways the only thing keeping me playing the ps4 right now is fifa 14, i have FINALLY figured out a custom formation and decent camera angle that will get me into division 1 online season in that game. can't wait for nhl15 next gen.

anyways the only thing keeping me playing the ps4 right now is fifa 14, i have FINALLY figured out a custom formation and decent camera angle that will get me into division 1 online season in that game. can't wait for nhl15 next gen.

Yeah same here. I used to be pretty crappy until I started using my own formations. I usually play with Man U, Barca, or Bayern. Although in 2 matches I played, I was pretty good with Juventus lol.

I will never be a PC gamer if it means I have to sit at a desk in front of a tiny monitor and d!ck around with a keyboard. It's absolute crap

It hasn't meant that in years. You can play on a PC however you want. Hook it up to a regular TV and plug in a console controller for the games.

I'm not even on the PC side either. I'm a console gamer, I'm just not oblivious to the ways you can play on a PC.

Edited by DollarAndADream

I'm assuming PC is the exact same thing, but for me I use the DualShock 4 with my Mac. It works flawless and I can use it wirelessly with bluetooth. So you could just hook it up to a tv.

Just a heads up if anyone is interested. Future Shop has a bunch of PS4 games on sale right now.

Games like NBA 2k14, FIFA 14, Assasins Creed IV: Black Flag, Need For Speed: Rivals, Thief, and a couple more titles are on sale right now.

If you were looking to buy a game and waiting for the price to drop, now is a good time to go and get a game or two.

Anyone else's controllers thumb sticks peeling really bad these controllers are brutal stupid sony

yea i had this issue before, theyre known for this. do what i did and never look back, my ps4 controller now feels like new even though i had these badboys for over 2months:

http://www.shopgripit.com/

Anyone else's controllers thumb sticks peeling really bad these controllers are brutal stupid sony

Yup, really bad.

yea i had this issue before, theyre known for this. do what i did and never look back, my ps4 controller now feels like new even though i had these badboys for over 2months:

http://www.shopgripit.com/

I bought those months ago and they just never showed up.

Is it just the thumb sticks peeling that is the problem with PS4 controllers, or are there other issues as well? Heard quite a bit of negative things about them.

Haven't bought a next-gen system yet, really not a lot of incentive atm to buy one, plus leery of buying a new system following the pathetic failure rate of the last generations first line of consoles manufactured. Near 50% failure rate with 360's RROD, and 20%-25% with PS3's YLOD.

How are your consoles holding up so far? Worst I've heard from either console so far is some ppl have got fairly shoddy cords packaged in with the PS4.

There is one huge advantage console gaming does have over PC, granted it's not as common as it once was due to the advent of online gaming, but, I still find a lot of enjoyment in sitting in a room with a friend/friends, and playing a multiplayer game together.

I've had a broken R2 button but I don't think thats too common though. It was a launch controller after all.

As for the thumbsticks, the peeling is awful. My right one is fine so far, but the left one completely peeled. 100% gone and pure plastic. I took my old modded 360 controller thats broken now and removed the joystick and put it in the PS4 controller. It looks kinda funny but works perfectly. Even the clicking of L3 works.

Edited by Joffrey Lupul