The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

I had the exact same problem.

You go to Settings, then go to devices, then Dualshock 4, and then you should find an automatic turn off area. You can pick between 10 minutes, 20 minutes, etc... (I think)

Yeah that's why mine always turns off after a bit. No wonder I wasn't having the same problem.

I always go through all the settings on anything I buy before I start. :P

This

I'm pretty sure everyone everywhere is asking the same question.

Lots of my friends have been checking places all the time and turning up no results.

Only buddy of mine that has gotten one lately was a week ago when he was at Toys R Us. He went there for a completely different reason, and thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Then boom, they had 4 PS4's in stock so he bought one.

Maybe the key to grabbing a PS4 is to not look for it.

Edited by DollarAndADream

I'm pretty sure everyone everywhere is asking the same question.

Lots of my friends have been checking places all the time and turning up no results.

Only buddy of mine that has gotten was lately was a week ago when he was at Toys R Us. He went there for a completely different reason, and thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Then boom, they had 4 PS4's in stock so he bought one.

Maybe the key to grabbing a PS4 is to not look for it.

Walmart on 88thth ave and BC Hydro Crossing in Surrey had 3 PS4's yesterday. Already had one so didn't buy one, but not many "young" people go to that Walmart since there's an EB games in the same complex

Yeah that's why mine always turns off after a bit. No wonder I wasn't having the same problem.

I always go through all the settings on anything I buy before I start. :P

Haha this is exactly me, the minute I get a new device of any kind, I thoroughly go through all of the settings and alter them to my preference. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to this.

Walmart on 88thth ave and BC Hydro Crossing in Surrey had 3 PS4's yesterday. Already had one so didn't buy one, but not many "young" people go to that Walmart since there's an EB games in the same complex

Man can't find them anywhere!! Just called em said they are out dunno if they are lying to me or not.

Haha this is exactly me, the minute I get a new device of any kind, I thoroughly go through all of the settings and alter them to my preference. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to this.

Yeah exactly. I don't see why people wouldn't look through all the settings on anything. It's a simple thing to do.

Especially people with cellphones and not knowing things about it.

Been having problems with my PS4, seems to be freezing when I power it off, have to unplug the AC cord to get it to shut off and that could cause data loss or corruption, I phoned Sony support and asked them what to do. Did what they told me but still having problems, I'm hoping this won't be a constant issue

Been having problems with my PS4, seems to be freezing when I power it off, have to unplug the AC cord to get it to shut off and that could cause data loss or corruption, I phoned Sony support and asked them what to do. Did what they told me but still having problems, I'm hoping this won't be a constant issue

I would just go to the Sony Store and swap it (call ahead of time to ask first though)

Sounds like there's still a lot problems... Hopefully they come out with version 2 next year.

Also does anyone know if all game are 4k ready? Probably gonna invest in a 4k tv before buying "next gen".

I don't think the ps4 supports 4k resolution. You could still get one and it would look great, just not the full potential that you would get if it did support 4k.

Doesn't sound very next gen to me.

Yea I'm underwhelmed from what I've heard so far. So basically it's a PS3 with better graphics and now you have to pay to play online.7 years since the PS3 came out and this is what they come up with.I'll probably still get it since it will have all the good games, but man it's not even backwards compatible? weak.