The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 5)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

I'd like to add that, why not just have the 30 teams with their actual rosters, and then we reverse standings at the end of this season and teams are picked based on that? That would lighten the workload and we wouldn't have to worry about possible commitment issues regarding the fantasy draft.

This route is obviously more simplistic, easier, but less interesting and you don't necessarily mold your own team. Pros and cons.

The other issue I have with the fantasy draft, and in snake order is that the teams at the bottom also don't exactly get the upperhand in all that. Everyone will have a fairly even team.

Immediate tank coming from me if the bottom team gets choice of his future team...

Did I get that right ?

If I finish 30th this year then I get the first choice of any teams real NHL roster ?

I like the idea of resetting to the 2014/2015 season with current rosters

Sucks for the dude who gets Buffalo...

So you would edit everybody's salary to mimic their current NHL salary and length ?

Those who have put in the time and effort building competitive teams should be rewarded.

This is what I'm hoping for if we go for a reset. I'd much rather make trades than draft my own team, plus GMs should pick teams based on commitment, standing ranks, and whatever else we think of to reward GMs...with a better team selection pick.

We could base the pick order on just this season or all seasons (ideal). We should have a variety of factors so standings don't mean everything in pick order since a lot of GMs rebuilt their teams and were here since day 1.

Voted option 1. Fantasy drafts in keeper leagues are boring, but STHS being a computerized league, it'd be a lot more entertaining and fun. You see what each player offers you do you choose to pick him and there's no real surprise. Just straight up every player goes in the fantasy draft and everyone has at it, seeing the players ratings, knowing what you get in each pick.

Only thing I'm uncertain of is, how would the orders be set? Would it be in coordination with this years standings (last place team gets 1st pick in the entry draft and snake that so he gets last pick for the players draft?) or would everything just be random, like everyone is given a spot and it is what it is. Either way, I'm all in for a fantasy draft.

I voted #2.

I have a suggestion for people who have stayed Loyal to STHS though.

We do a Draft lottery with all of the GM's names to determine the draft order but...

If you have been here since the beginning you wont draft lower then 20th overall., You automatically move up and bump everybody else back if you are chosen to draft from 21-30th.

VC will edit this prior to revealing the results.

How many people have stayed in the league since year 1 without leaving ? Sidney, Disaronno ?

Just a thought.

Archived